Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Me too. I only have three jugs of overstock left. So one more OCI on each vehicle - then onto the new specs coming out this summer. Some of these smaller stores in smaller cities may need longer to deplete old stock.
Places like Walmart should have quick turnovers.

I bought two bottles of Supertech 3.2 ounce 40:1 two cycle engine oil. Now the Waltons can afford to by that yacht they've had their eyes on.

2001 saturn sl1
Out supertec full sun 5w30 with champion filter

In mobil1 truck&suv 5w30 with champion filter

20k on new engine
155k on car.

2013 Equinox
QSUD 5W30
ACDelco Filter

Next change will be with Kirkland Signature Synthetic 5W30 oil...

2006 K1500 Silverado w/ 5.3L L59 Engine
Mix of QSUD and Valvoline Maxlife 5W30 oils I had on the shelf
Fram Ultra Synthetic XG3506 filter

Next change will be with Kirkland Signature Synthetic 5W30 oil...

I bought (3) Mazda OEM filters which should hold me off until summer of 2021. I have no oil on hand but will be buying Mobil 1 AP 0w20 or 5w20 and Driven DI20 next.

I ordered a 5L jug for Rotella T6 5w40 and a Mobil 1 oil filter for my son's WRX last Tuesday, with the plan of doing his oil change on Saturday. It was an online order with Canadian Tire, for curbside pickup at the store, as they've closed to the public now. But as of first thing Saturday morning the order wasn't ready so I went to Walmart and picked up a jug of Rotella along with a Fram Ultra filter. As soon as I got home the email from Canadian Tire arrived to tell me the order was ready. Doh! So we did the oil change on my son's WRX with the Fram Ultra filter and he now has the oil and filter for his next oil change.

Purchased last week from WalMart online:
5-quart jug Mobil 1 5w30 for Tacoma, $22.88 plus tax, minus $10 Mobil annual rebate, $14.77 total cost.
5-quart jug Mobil 1 10w30 for Corvette, $22.88 plus tax, minus $10 Mobil annual rebate, $14.77 total cost.
2 x 4-quart jug Shell Rotella T4 15w40 for dirt bikes, $13.48 each plus tax (no rebate but still that's a good price).

Mahle (Knecht) OC 275 (made in Indonesia) for my LC + 2 jugs of Shell Rimula R6M in 10w40

Mahle (Knecht) OC 988 (made in Austria) for my Yaris + 4L of Tech9 5w30 VW 504/507 (I think its reboteled Shell...)

Last week I bought nine 6QT boxes of Rotella Gas Truck 5w30. These are the boxes with 6 single qt bottles. BJs wholesale had them on clearance for $10.99.

I didn't buy it because I think my truck needs special truck oil or anything silly like that. I just couldn't pass up the Dexos1 g2 5w30 that my truck specs for $1.83/quart.

Last edited:
Back