Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Six MANN W811/80 filters for the incredible price of $32 shipped from Rockauto. Crazy AutoZone charges $12 for the blue Hyundai stamped version.
20210904_022654.jpg
20210904_022728.jpg

The Great Oil Harvest giveth.

Typical week... A few thousand quarts of clearanced out premium oil from Walmart, which basically paid me to take it off their hands.

Picked up a pile of clearance oil filters from rock auto for 1/3rd of retail prices...

Ya know, the usual ... lol.
Photos represent a small percent of the boxes received and unpacked oil which is in nearly every room of my house, totally full everywhere. Installing 2 huge industrial shelving units to store it all... lol. Cost, about zero dollars... definitely less than $200 at this point; this is not an exaggeration. Cost right now is around 10 cents, maybe 5 cents per QUART. It will go to less than zero when I sell a few hundred quarts.

Good Lord! it looks like christmas morning

The Great Oil Harvest giveth.

Typical week... A few thousand quarts of clearanced out premium oil from Walmart, which basically paid me to take it off their hands.

Picked up a pile of clearance oil filters from rock auto for 1/3rd of retail prices...

Ya know, the usual ... lol.
Photos represent a small percent of the boxes received and unpacked oil which is in nearly every room of my house, totally full everywhere. Installing 2 huge industrial shelving units to store it all... lol. Cost, about zero dollars... definitely less than $200 at this point; this is not an exaggeration. Cost right now is around 10 cents, maybe 5 cents per QUART. It will go to less than zero when I sell a few hundred quarts.
Pointless to ask why but really curious as to how? is it even legal?

Why is it, that when i read the API page, it doesn't seem to make those two go hand in hand, and does not seem to specify that if it's API SP, that it has to be GF6a as well?
I'm can't find in writing that it was a definitive requirement but it should be well implied and when you consider the timeline, it would make no sense that any oil would be licensed as API SP but only ILSAC GF-5, as the ILSAC GF-5 licenses have all expired as of April 30, 2021, so I don't see why any manufacturer would've released an SP oil with GF-5 to turn around in less than a year to have to relicense it, all oil manufactured as of May 1st this year has to be ILSAC GF-6 in order to display the certification mark.

25C75646-A3EC-4D7A-B1CF-5F2DD364146A.jpeg

Got this for moms car. Planned on getting the Mobil 1 like we always do but they were completely out of everything besides this and Valvoline in the 0W-20 formulation. Actually out of almost everything. This is great oil just we were trying to keep one kind of oil running in that car but oh well. Also purchased a Mobil 1 filter to have we have one already we just always like to have an extra you never know if you might get a defective one or a bad o-ring or something like that.

View attachment 70129
Got this for moms car. Planned on getting the Mobil 1 like we always do but they were completely out of everything besides this and Valvoline in the 0W-20 formulation. Actually out of almost everything. This is great oil just we were trying to keep one kind of oil running in that car but oh well. Also purchased a Mobil 1 filter to have we have one already we just always like to have an extra you never know if you might get a defective one or a bad o-ring or something like that.

I agree! I got a few jugs recently as well!

Resized_20210828_215239.jpeg

Got a jug of Valvoline Extended Protection to put in the new Subaru with a rackety 2.5 D.I. motor in the signature below. Car has 7K on it now.
Hopefully this will not need a Castrol Magnatec booster to run well. Sorry no pics of the Jug and Subaru blue filter and crush washer. I have no email support on the phone and no windows 8 mobile on my PC !

1 - 5L jug of Rotella Gas Truck 5W-30, and a Motomaster OE Plus 9018 filter for my G5.
1 - 4.4L jug of Castrol Edge EP 5W-20, and a Motomaster OE Plus 10060 filter for my wife’s Patriot.

Oils were on clearance for $27.XX a jug, better than sale prices, and filters were on sale as well. Winter oil changes for both cars coming up in early October.

Pointless to ask why but really curious as to how? is it even legal?
A week or so ago, there was a bunch of oil in various brands on Wamart's website that was like $1 per 5 qt jug ... or was is ~$1 for a 3-pack of 5 qt jugs. Anyway, it was some ridiculous price and people jumped all over it all night long.

Back