Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

i’d buy up some of that super car, tahoe should love that
Well, managed to get 5 - that will do the Jeep - might have to dust off the dB meter - my Pentastar sounds like a darn diesel anyway 😵‍💫

IMG_0007.jpeg

Last edited:
2008 Star (Yamaha) Roadliner (a/c 900cc V-twin):
Amsoil 20w-50 V-twin full synth ($17/qt)
OEM Yamaha filter

(Not that I’m a big fan of Amsoil, but I wanted the convenience of the dealer 5 miles from my house and the only other full synth 20w-50 choice was $21/qt Maxima)

Canadian Tire has a Triangle offer right now where when you spend just $4.99 you get $7 back in CT money! So I bought a Motomaster OE Plus oil filter for my next oil change in the fall. So that effectively reduces the cost of the filter from $11.49 to $4.49 :)

Well, I did it, I have fallen for the hype and I made a road trip across the border today and picked up a jug of Valvoline Restore & Protect for the next oil change in my Civic! I won't be doing that until sometime in the fall, and I will run this stuff for a shorter than normal interval the first time around (10,000km instead of my usual 15-16,000km)

Well, I did it, I have fallen for the hype and I made a road trip across the border today and picked up a jug of Valvoline Restore & Protect for the next oil change in my Civic! I won't be doing that until sometime in the fall, and I will run this stuff for a shorter than normal interval the first time around (10,000km instead of my usual 15-16,000km)
Where did you enter the states?...... Blue Water Bridge or Detroit? Or did you drive over to Niagara Falls?

Where did you enter the states?...... Blue Water Bridge or Detroit? Or did you drive over to Niagara Falls?

I entered at the Lewiston Bridge and then drove into Niagara Falls and ended up at the Walmart in North Tonawanda (the Walmart I usually go to in NF didn't have any in stock) I go across about once a month.

I entered at the Lewiston Bridge and then drove into Niagara Falls and ended up at the Walmart in North Tonawanda (the Walmart I usually go to in NF didn't have any in stock) I go across about once a month.
You were supposed to buy four jugs, not one. I'm reporting you to Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman.
So watch out for flying rocks near your home. ;)

Some buy what's best for their wallet (been there and done that years ago raising family)
Some buy what's best for their engine (currently).

Thanks to everyone for keeping this ongoing thread interesting to read. :giggle:

Back