Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Just bought this Cam2 blend to even out my stash for the next Ridgeline OC. Paid $3.99 a quart at my local Napa, the only Cam2 source nearby. In 2020 it was $1.99 a quart. 100% increase in four years! View attachment 220562
That’s expensive for synthetic blend. NAPA home brew is a good deal now

IMG_4908.jpg

It’s not my latest “purchase”, but it’s my latest find. I found that I still have 8L of the old Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w30 in my storage locker. I bought it at least 6 years ago when it was on clearance before they switched over to the new formula. It will be going into the Corvette in the next oil change in the fall.

Two 5 qt jugs of Ravenol VSW 0W30 Synthetic from Blauparts for my '21 Audi. The leftover oil I'll save for the next oil & filter change on my '23 RS5.

the lady at the counter said that they’re shrinking down their selection of euro oils in my local walmart
The most unusual is Mobil 1 Super Car 0W40 for $5/quart …
I think there is one C8 Vette in my little village 😷 - and it’s one of several $90k+ vehicles this widow has - she ain’t doing it …

I prefer the SP 0/5w40s, for the typical gasoline passenger vehicle non-raced.
Sometimes an oil's data sheet shows it as being the best. But what's best for some may not be best for all. Extra OCI lengths (above 5k) not considered with my preferences.
The least amount of carbon - least amount of engine wear and least amount of engine uncleanliness at the end of the OCI, wins all the marbles.

Want to enter the race? Don't stand in the entry line if you are holding non-carbon neutral SN or SL oil.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4WD
Back