Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

I’m noticing ProTec cartdridges are either German or Poland made. The ProTec spin ons I hate.
Yes, agreed, from cut & paste threads, i'm not impressed with the ProTec spin-ons either. These new cartridge ones are called ProFormer now, not Protec but i'm sure it's just a name change. They are made in Vietnam and have nice solid construction.

Last edited:
Rolling the dice on what came up searching RA for a XG3600 filter. I forgot the coupon code. Might sacrifice one for science.🪚

IMG_0625.jpeg

Just ordered 2 5qt jugs of Castrol Edge 0W-20 from Amazon. Gonna submit for the rebate when the come in next Saturday. This will be the first time I have bought and used Castrol since I bought the infamous German Castrol with the 502.00/505.00 cert for my Audi which has to be at least 15 years ago. It will be a while till I get to use it but it will most likely be for the Legacy though, it may be used for the Impreza depending on what I have left.

The Legacy has been on a steady diet of M1 EP for a few years now minus the one time use of HPL last OCI and the Impreza is on the 3rd usage of PUP. Got one more jug of PUP then 4 of PP.

Just ordered 2 5qt jugs of Castrol Edge 0W-20 from Amazon. Gonna submit for the rebate when the come in next Saturday. This will be the first time I have bought and used Castrol since I bought the infamous German Castrol with the 502.00/505.00 cert for my Audi which has to be at least 15 years ago. It will be a while till I get to use it but it will most likely be for the Legacy though, it may be used for the Impreza depending on what I have left.

The Legacy has been on a steady diet of M1 EP for a few years now minus the one time use of HPL last OCI and the Impreza is on the 3rd usage of PUP. Got one more jug of PUP then 4 of PP.
The Castrol equal to Mobil-1 EP is Castrol Edge EP. The EP is worth the few extra dollars in cost - my eyeballs / ears-gathering opinion

The Castrol equal to Mobil-1 EP is Castrol Edge EP. The EP is worth the few extra dollars in cost - my eyeballs / ears-gathering opinion
I couldn't find the EP in 0W-20 at Amazon but the 5W-20 was ~$4 more per jug. Walmart has it but it is through AA and $42. This was under $25/ea for subscribe and save plus the $20 rebate brings it down to $15 per 5 quarts. Still not as good as past years with M1 and PUP. One of the years, the end cost was around $10. I would like to try the Edge EP but when I am doing 2k mile oil changes in the Impreza, the extra cost isn't worth it unless it was a dollar or 2. At least when I use the M1 EP I'm doing 6k oil changes and with their rebate it makes it the same cost.

I have a third car that also takes the same viscosity but I have been using Kirkland in that car and have another 9 jugs of it.

One jug of Quaker State Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w20 from WalMart for my wife's 2010 Ford Escape, to be used this coming week.

One jug of Quaker State Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30 for my 2005 Buick LaCrosse, to be used sometime in late November or early December when the next change is due.

naterbomb
That's the new Valvoline Synthetic jug label?...... not impressed.
At first I thought it was their conventional oil. Or is it?
I can't make the letterhead text any bigger. All I can make out is it's Dexos 1.

6x Champion XLs PH2840XL from Rockauto, to replace the 7x junker Ultra-Power experiment.

5x Rotella T4 single quarts from AAP on clearance $2.55 ea, used a $10 off $10 for a total of $2.98. Bottles are April 2023 non SN.
Man - I went to 2 AAP's this weekend looking for something and I specifically looked for clearance oil since I was there. I never get lucky anymore.

Man - I went to 2 AAP's this weekend looking for something and I specifically looked for clearance oil since I was there. I never get lucky anymore.
It seems like a sporatic one off, @53' Stude saw it in his area and I saw it in mine. Not enough to cause a ruckus. I do see T4 at Walmart is still at a really decent price if you are looking for it.

Back