Post your latest 2 stroke mix

Motomaster used to use Shell but several years ago switched to Citgo. I cannot remember where I read that but even the bottles were the citgo/mystic shape.

I've been mixing Opti-2 at 44:1, 1 gallon at a time. Have some Amsoil Dominator I'll try once I finish the Opti-2.
Wow! I ran Opti-2 for close to a decade in commercial cutoff saw applications. Great stuff, but it always seemed to have a negative affect on power if I ran it that rich. I usually ran it ~75:1 and my saws always seemed to outlast the guys using Echo or Stihl 50:1 mix.

Wow! I ran Opti-2 for close to a decade in commercial cutoff saw applications. Great stuff, but it always seemed to have a negative affect on power if I ran it that rich. I usually ran it ~75:1 and my saws always seemed to outlast the guys using Echo or Stihl 50:1 mix.
I haven't noticed any issues with power. I do like that there is almost no smoke with the Opti-2. I've run pretty much all the 2-stroke oils out there, Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, etc.

Amsoil Saber at 50:1 and a gallon of E0.

I think I paid $20 shipped for 8 on eBay. They were the ketchup packet style “containers.” 2 makes 1 gallon.

A gallon of 89 octane non ethanol 50:1 with vp racing 2stroke oil.. it’s what they had at tractor supply. I had been running 87 in everything, but new echo brush cutter says it needs 89

90 non ethonal and Sthil synthetic with a splash of B12 fuel cleaner in every can. Never 1 problem.

I used to use regular pump gas, E10 87 octane, and mix a gallon of 40:1. It would take a long time to use up a gallon.

Now I buy the True Fuel 40:1. One quart can lasts me two years in the leaf blower to clear the walks of grass clippings. The few extra dollars spent is worth it to me to not hassle with it.
Update: I recently purchased a Ryobi One+ battery powered blower and string trimmer. Never going back to 2-cycle mix again. These tools work great.

I'm going to burn the rest of my 2-cycle mix in the mower and never look back.

I cheated.
FACB88A6-558B-4E3C-8397-24BBA8174093.jpeg

Back