first 2-stroke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
had first hour or so of use today. went well. like a hot knife through butter. it tends to die if you have it on one side, but not the other, unless the fuel tank is really full. spark plug lead also prone to snagging in denser thicket.

only time it smokes a bit is on the frst few revs. after that, no more smoke, runs perfect.

on the whole i am happy with it. lubed the cutters with some used engine oil after it all.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
On the mixing a bit of 2-stoke up - is it OK to use a old motor oil bottle to do the mix in? (HDPE?) On another subject, is 2-stroke oil a good treatment additive for tired PCMO oil - maybe a cup?

you can use it for mixing but fuel is not OK to be stored in usual oil containers. i have a 1L mixing plastic cup for temporary mixing before I put it in the tank (made a whopping 300mL today)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crinkles

it tends to die if you have it on one side, but not the other, unless the fuel tank is really full.

Either the fuel line isn't flexible enough, or more than likely the pickup/filter isn't weighted enough to keep it at the bottom of the tank when you turn it on it's side.
You may need to replace it with a generic Walbro or Tillotson part that fits your fuel line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back