Oil for Stihls 2 stroke small engine for Weed eating

Hi ,
I bought a new Stihl tool. Its called kombi 94R . It is a 2 stroke engine and not those 4 stroke engines ( also called 4 Mix) that still take Gas and oil mixed.
Somewhere I read to break in the 2 stroke small engines, one should use gas and conventional(Dino) oil mix.
What is this forum's opinion?
Stihls dealer sold me their MotoMix pre mix fuel. The Oil in that pre mix is Stihl HP Ultra which is a synthetic.

Thanks

Hi ,
I bought a new Stihl tool. Its called kombi 94R . It is a 2 stroke engine and not those 4 stroke engines ( also called 4 Mix) that still take Gas and oil mixed.
Somewhere I read to break in the 2 stroke small engines, one should use gas and conventional(Dino) oil mix.
What is this forum's opinion?
Stihls dealer sold me their MotoMix pre mix fuel. The Oil in that pre mix is Stihl HP Ultra which is a synthetic.

Thanks
It shouldn't matter for break-in, just use a good quality oil. I personally don't use the Stihl oil. I use Opti-2, Echo Red Armor, or the Husqvarna semi-synthetic.

I have an FS 50C in which I have been using nothing but the HP Ultra since new. (Approx. 5 years now) Still running like a top.

I cheaped out once and bought some generic two cycle oil from a big box store . Weedeater ran like crap . Went back to the name brand stuff and everything is good . Nothing special for break in . Gas it and go .

I'm a admitted Stihl fan boy and I have three chainsaws, two weed whackers, one tree trimmer and they are all Stihl. The oldest is an 025 chainsaw that I bought back in the 90's that still runs great and I've never even had the carburetor off! That being said, I have tried other oils but I always go back to the Stihl oil in the silver bottle every time and now I don't even bother trying other oils for my air cooled two smokes.

Premium ethanol-free gas is also the way to go if you want your stuff to last with minimal issues.

Another Stihl junky. I've got a trimmer, a chainsaw, a leaf blower and a Yard Boss. All Stihl.

My personal experience has led me to use only Stihl HP Ultra (gray bottle). My Stihl equipment runs smoother and seems to produce more power with it than other oils.

I've tried Echo, Husqvarna, and a few store brands, in all but the Yard Boss, which I purchased since last trying other 2 cycle oils. My Stihl equipment doesn't like any of them. I don't know the difference. And I'm sure there are many out there who will mock me and say it is all in my imagination. I don't care. It is what it is. I will always recommend using only Stihl HP Ultra.

I always mixed the first gallon of fuel I run through a new 2-cycle extra thick and if it had an adjustable carb, I would back out the high speed fuel mix screw an eighth of a turn to richen up the mix for the first few hours of breaking in. I don't know if that helps anything or not, but it makes me feel better.

VP racing is jaso FD at walmart
ECHO red armor(jaso FD) at home depot.

ISO-L-EGD nearly the same as JASO FD

both exceed regular api TC rating.

and fyi this is the time of year walmart clearances their OPE oil.
Last year picked up some for 2.75$ 16oz bottle.

I've been running the Husqvarna oil this year mixed with 89 octane E0. Last fall I mixed 2-1/2 gallons for a 2-stroke snowblower, but it didn't snow. Nine months later it is performing well in my Stihl chainsaw, weedewacker and leaf blower. Should it get into late November without using it up I will dump it into the generator or the Volvo.

I've been running the Husqvarna oil this year mixed with 89 octane E0. Last fall I mixed 2-1/2 gallons for a 2-stroke snowblower, but it didn't snow. Nine months later it is performing well in my Stihl chainsaw, weedewacker and leaf blower. Should it get into late November without using it up I will dump it into the generator or the Volvo.

Back