Which Stihl's are 2 stroke? (Not 4 Mix)

Just run non-ethanol gas and you will be good. At least don't store it with ethanol. I have one and they are great for the money.
Yeah, I buy the non-e gas for my generator, pressure washer and chainsaw. $7 a gallon last time I bought some.

Yeah, I buy the non-e gas for my generator, pressure washer and chainsaw. $7 a gallon last time I bought some.
That’s all I run in my gear. Three vintage/antique Lawn-Boys, a blower, two trimmers, and my chainsaw. Everything I own for OPE is all 2 stroke. Luckily for me, all the stations around here that sell ethanol free rec fuel runs around $3.90/gal.

L8R,
Matt

Wow, $7! In the mid-west here I paid $3.699 per gallon last week to fill the gas can. Honestly, $3, $4, or $7 doesn't matter to me. Not worth the headache of ethanol in my OPE!

Just my $0.02

4 mix are more expensive. Typically commercial use engines. My Sthil Combi (2 stroke) has been awesome the last 8 years. Ran Moto mix the first 5 years. Currently running Amsoil Saber at 80-90:1 E10 93 the last 3 years.

Well, I finally made the purchase. FS94 and BG86 and one gallon of Motomix (to get my additional 2 year warranty).
The dealer allowed me to just purchase one gallon and still get the 4 year warranty. He also convinced me to pay
a little more and get the Motomix in quarts. Makes pouring into tank much easier and not as likely to spill that high
dollar gas on the garage floor.

Everyone loves to bag on the 4-mix engines, but I love mine. Bought a FS 131 trimmer a couple years ago and I'm thrilled with it. Walks all over my Echo SRM-266 in the power department. And it makes good usable power at part throttle. I don't consider it unreasonably heavy and mixing fuel isn't a bother- I've got other two stroke equipment so always have oil/fuel mix on hand. Not saying one is better than the other, but it works for me. Just sharing my experience.

Everyone loves to bag on the 4-mix engines, but I love mine. Bought a FS 131 trimmer a couple years ago and I'm thrilled with it. Walks all over my Echo SRM-266 in the power department. And it makes good usable power at part throttle. I don't consider it unreasonably heavy and mixing fuel isn't a bother- I've got other two stroke equipment so always have oil/fuel mix on hand. Not saying one is better than the other, but it works for me. Just sharing my experience.
I have an fs110r that only gets used on the thicker jobs when I need to spin a blade. I can’t stand it’s awkward balance but it has been reliable I must admit. Very picky on oil and the valves need adjustment here and there though. Contrary to your testimony I find the throttle to be very on or off so maybe they solved that with the next generation (111, 131, etc). I think I’ve suffered with it long enough so next year I’m replacing it with a big 2 stroke.

I have an fs110r that only gets used on the thicker jobs when I need to spin a blade. I can’t stand it’s awkward balance but it has been reliable I must admit. Very picky on oil and the valves need adjustment here and there though. Contrary to your testimony I find the throttle to be very on or off so maybe they solved that with the next generation (111, 131, etc). I think I’ve suffered with it long enough so next year I’m replacing it with a big 2 stroke.

I’d love to have a one on one comparison between my FS131 and an equivalent 2 stroke. I love my 131 but really have nothing to compare it to in that size. I have nothing against two strokes, just happened that the FS131 was the right power level and “size” for the price I wanted to pay in the Stihl lineup. My first Stihl and I’m impressed with it so far.

I might suggest the FS240 I love the big 2stroke I’d never drop down after a full year in use with it.

i do commercial lawn service -do not buy any sthil 2 or 4 mix. worst reliability in the biz . they also force you to go to the dealer for all parts . no thanks. best bet today is echo.
Got a old SRM-2400 that runs the best. I don't really care for the newer echo's because the carburetor are garbage ( Zama RB ) .

i have a fs 70r trimmer, fc 96 edger (4-mix), and backpack blower. everything works great. only been a couple years, but great performance.

My Husky 336FR is on its 5th season with 300 hours running 32:1 E0 marine premium.
It has gone through about a mile of Oregon .105” Magnum Gatorline Square in 172m spools.
I couldn’t see running a trimmer for hours without a harness.

Over 2 years in on my FS-131 4-mix and I've had zero issues with it. I owned an Echo SRM-266 at the same time that I used for delicate places with thinner line, but realized it was redundant so I sold it to a friend.

The FS-131 does everything, and I feel it's easier to do delicate stuff because it doesn't bog down at partial throttle / low speeds. I don't have the sensitive on/off throttle issues others complain about once I got used to it.

I did buy a couple knockoff Echo-like speed-feed heads. So when I want to bush-hog I throw one on that has .110 or larger line, the other 90% of the time I keep a head with .080 on it.

I am looking to purchase a Stihl weed eater and blower. I have the Stihl catalog but I
cannot tell which are true 2 strokes vs the newer 4 Mix. I can see the 94R is a true 2
stroke but is that the only one? What about the hand held and back pack blowers?
I think anything fs should be a 2 stroke only. I'd hit up a dealer if your close by.

Back