what two stroke oil are you using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have multiple two stroke engines. The Macullogh chain saw, echo weed eater, stihl blower. If I only wanted to use one oil for everything what would it be. I just bought echo oil, cause it is semi synthetic and the stihl oil does not state that. I previously used homelite exact mix with good results, but I don't think I want to use that in the brand new stihl. I run everything at 50:1. WHAT DO YOU USE that you are happy with and what ratio?

I've been using Stihl hi-performance (orange bottle)@50:1 in my Toro snowblower...no complaints so far.

GrtArtiste

Here lately, Mobil synthetic 2-cycle oil. Even though all my machines spec 50:1, I use it at about 43:1(~3 ounces oil in 1 gallon Chevron Supreme gas), using Fuel Power/Neutra also as a gas additive/fuel preservative. I burn it in all my 2-cycle equipment: Husqvarna 51 chain saw, Stihl FS-80(?) trimmer, and Homelite Vac-Attack II leaf blower. They all seem to love it, and that Mobil oil seems to burn extremely clean.
grin.gif

I'm still trying to get rid of the big bottle of poulan brand synthetic oil used up. It does pretty good... and I use it at the spec'd 40:1 ratio in the old featherlite and in the troybilt (has the IDC engine)

Amsoil 100:1 I usually run it at 80:1 with some sea foam in my mix. I use it in everything Lawn-Boy, Sthil, Homelite blower and weed wacker, and toro snow blower. Never had a problem. 1 qt lasts me about 2 years.

I use Mobil synthetic 2-cycle oil (Racing 2T) at 40:1 and everything runs crisp and clean, no smoke or excessive carbon build up. I also add ~ 1/2 oz Sta-bil per gallon.

Walmart Supertech Stuff in all of my 2 and 4 stroke lawn, garden, equipment and a 30 year old 2 stroke yamaha golf cart engine. Currently running everything at a 32:1 ratio only because my newest toy, an 80cc bicycle engine mounted on my mountain bike is still being broken in and I'm too lazy to mix a separate batch for my engines.(kingsmotorbikes.com).

In my Craftsman chainsaw, I use some kind of 2-stroke TC3W outboard oil that comes in a blue gallon jug at WalMart. I think it's Super Tech, but the bottle is at my in-laws' house at the moment.

What is the TC3W spec? Is it really ok to use this stuff in my chainsaw?

WavinWayne,

A TCW3 oil is the worse thing to run in a high rpm, air cooled two stroke. That dispersant based, additive chemistry is for lower temp, water cooled outboard engines.

Try an ISO-L-EGD or JASO FD type oil and you'll see a real difference. The Mobil 2T or the Amsoil SABRE Professional will both give you much better results. I typically run the latter @ 80:1 in my two commercial Stihl's....

The Mobil 2T is at most AutoZone stores....

TS

Mobil 1 racing 2t is about the best all around 2 stroke oil I have ever used. I have proof of extended engine life vs my previous brand. It runs clean at 32 to 1. It leaves a clean engine and the overall performance is excellent.

Chris

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
WavinWayne,

A TCW3 oil is the worse thing to run in a high rpm, air cooled two stroke. That dispersant based, additive chemistry is for lower temp, water cooled outboard engines.

TS

Thanks for the info. As I got to thinking about it, I haven't actually used any of the TC3w oil yet. I already had plenty of gas mixed with some Pennzoil 2-stroke oil. I'll probably return the ST stuff to W-M, & go get some M1 2-stroke oil at AZ.

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back