Which Stihl's are 2 stroke? (Not 4 Mix)

I am looking to purchase a Stihl weed eater and blower. I have the Stihl catalog but I
cannot tell which are true 2 strokes vs the newer 4 Mix. I can see the 94R is a true 2
stroke but is that the only one? What about the hand held and back pack blowers?

Why do you want a 2-stroke? What's wrong with a 4-stroke? :unsure:

Honda makes a very good little 4-stroke engine for handheld things like what you're looking for

Why do you want a 2-stroke? What's wrong with a 4-stroke? :unsure:

Honda makes a very good little 4-stroke engine for handheld things like what you're looking for
Why do you want a 4 stroke? Stihl makes a good 2 stroke engine as well. Lighter more powerful and no oil to change.

For a small blower, I like my BG50. I run the Stihl premix in it.......no carb problems.
Just run non-ethanol gas and you will be good. At least don't store it with ethanol. I have one and they are great for the money.

I bought a Stihl trimmer a few years ago. They offered to double the manufactures warranty if I bought a 6 pack of Stihl oil at the time of purchase. So check into that.

Guess I've been living under a rock. First I've heard of this 4-Mix thing. So it's basically a 4 stroke engine without crankcase lube so it needs pre-mix?

That just seems kinda dumb.

Guess I've been living under a rock. First I've heard of this 4-Mix thing. So it's basically a 4 stroke engine without crankcase lube so it needs pre-mix?

This is why I want a 2 stroke. OLDS COOL.

And I plan on using the Stihl premixed gas. I live in town with minimum week eating.

Last edited:

Sounds like airless tires that still need filled with air.

While we are on this topic, is Stihl the only company making the 4-Mix engine or something like it? Are the other main players, Echo and Husq, just making 2 strokes?

You’ll find the odd traditional 4 stroke from other manufacturers but I believe Stihl is the only one foolish enough to make hybrids. You can tell which husqvarna models are 4 stroke by looking at the weight vs engine size lol.

You’ll find the odd traditional 4 stroke from other manufacturers but I believe Stihl is the only one foolish enough to make hybrids. You can tell which husqvarna models are 4 stroke by looking at the weight vs engine size lol.
Shindaiwa used them as well but only in there largest blowers now

Back