Post your latest 2 stroke mix

Do you mean a mix with more oil? More oil may actually a leaner mix, in regards to fuel, more oil , less fuel.

Having said that, i won't run my expensive chainsaw on anything other than 40:1.
2x
Lean is mean. I've learned that in snowmobiles years ago. Only way to know the limit is by looking at piston wash on the piston tops.
Should see carbon on the center and exhaust port side and clean on the transfer port inlet sides of the pistons.

mixed a gallon of fuel with VP racing 2 cycle oil i got at WM @ 40:1 had to retune my blower,trimmer and chainsaw to use it. stuff run clean with no exhaust color at all .

...well...here goes...I mix 1 part supertech tcw3 with 1 part walmart 30wt lubricating oil at 32/1. I use it in everything...tiller, ditch pump, wacker, blower, outboard, lawn tractor, chainsaw circa 1964 that runs great, Kohler K motor on my welder/gen, and pressure washer.

Mixed up a qt of e-10 regular and a healthy oz of Valvoline universal fr a ~32:1 mix. Brand new Mantis loves it so does Husqavarna weed wacker. Lawnboy

1 gallon of Shell 93 octane mixed with Amsoil Saber at 50:1. Most of it went into the Lawn-Boy 10545 that my dad gave me and the rest will be used in my Stihl FS-55.

0830C48C-3F51-452D-BDCB-238C98FFF616.jpeg

Why not using proper 2 stroke oil?
What exactly is proper 2 stroke oil...can't even get a consensus on what is a proper 4 stroke oil. If one visits screamandfly boat site many mix in aviation piston motor oil with their favorite 2 stroke oil. I'm not too good at following the corporate line..or company line of bs. I'll listen to old men...or ladies who have been there, done that first..

What exactly is proper 2 stroke oil...can't even get a consensus on what is a proper 4 stroke oil. If one visits screamandfly boat site many mix in aviation piston motor oil with their favorite 2 stroke oil. I'm not too good at following the corporate line..or company line of bs. I'll listen to old men...or ladies who have been there, done that first..
You used half actual two stroke oil in your custom mix but the other half was 30wt for 4 strokes. Why not just use all two stroke oil and skip the 30wt?

You used half actual two stroke oil in your custom mix but the other half was 30wt for 4 strokes. Why not just use all two stroke oil and skip the 30wt?
No No! The lubricating oil from WM is not motor oil. It is brightstock for pass-through applications.

Aviation piston engines usually don't use motor oil like what we discuss here..

Last edited:
Proper 2 stroke oil is API TC, TCW3 or JASO FB, FC, FD.
The old man who has been there recommends JASO FD for air cooled and TCW3 for liquid cooled before any kind of mix you can brew.

No No! The lubricating oil from WM is not motor oil. It is brightstock for pass-through applications.

Aviation piston engines usually don't use motor oil like what we discuss here..
I am no less confused as to why you wouldn’t just use all 2 stroke oil that is meant for the task but if it works for you who am I to judge.

Just mixed another 2 gallons of 90 octane ethanol free gas with Echo Red Armor at 40:1. Run this in both of my Lawn-Boys, Husqvarna trimmer, Hitachi leaf blower, and Echo chainsaw.

L8R,
Matt

Just mixed another 2 gallons of 90 octane ethanol free gas with Echo Red Armor at 40:1. Run this in both of my Lawn-Boys, Husqvarna trimmer, Hitachi leaf blower, and Echo chainsaw.

L8R,
Matt
Do you see more or less smoke from one equipment to another, showing that gas tuning does impact smoke production over oil ratio?

Back