Post your latest 2 stroke mix

Similar to the oil change thread I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of mixes people are using for their 2 strokes. I just started a lawn care side business so I’m excited to get working through my stash. I’ll go first.

Last night I mixed up a 25l jug of 91 octane Shell gas and Poulan synthetic oil at 50:1. I got a bunch of this oil for outrageously cheap on clearance and I’ve been happy with its performance. I believe it’s the same as Husqvarna‘s synthetic 2t.

What have you mixed lately?

E0 90 Octane and some oil.

Seriously, I just mix on the heavy side of what should be anywhere from 40-32:1. Usually some form of Supertech.

I presently have a 5 gallon container of 87 octane E-0 mixed at a 40:1 ratio using Lubrication Engineers 8104 oil. I run this in my leaf blower and string trimmer.

I do a much smaller mix using 87 octane E-0 fuel at a 32:1 ratio using Schaeffer's 706 TC-W3 for my Lawnboy.

I recently removed the head of the mower and noticed brown deposits that appeared to be remnants of the low-ash oil that I had been using. After this revelation I started using the recommended TC-W3 oils.

Seriously, I just mix on the heavy side of what should be anywhere from 40-32:1. Usually some form of Supertech.
I do exactly the same, 32-40:1 in 93 octane and whatever 2 stroke oil is around, usually Stihl or Husqvarna XP+.

I don't like the Stihl synthetic. Too hard to tell if you've actually put oil in or not.

E0 90 Octane and some oil.

Good call on the no ethanol. That’s why I use shell 91. It’s one of the only ways to get ethanol free gas in Canada.

Tiny spot of Pennzoil TC-3 in the bottle cap with 40 parts 89 octane, straight into the plug holes trying to wake up a piston-port 550 Kawasaki jet ski.
Battery too tired to fire. It'll be Maxima 927 @ 40:1 when I get a fresh battery & hit the water.
Coastal brand TC-3 was a decent cheap lube, from Warren. But no more.

Pump gas with Vp at 32 to 1 and 2 oz per gallon of Techron or Gumout with Regane When inspecting the exhaust ports they and the piston tops look new and the piston skirt is wet when viewed through the exhaust port.

I usually run Kwik Trip E-0 91 with Stihl synthetic 2-stroke oil, but have also run E-0 91 from a local independent station. The Honda lawn mower and snow blower (both 4-stroke) get the same fuel, minus the oil, and maybe some Seafoam once in a while. This has served our small engines well over the years - no Sta-Bil or any other special treatment before winter, either, other than maybe being run out of fuel (but not necessarily).

My latest concoction consisted of Swift aviation fuel with ECHO's RedArmor @ about 45:1 or their about.
Been used different brands of oil while sticking with the same ratio.

I get E0 89 Octane from my local marina and use VP racing oil. All my stuff is Stihl but the only thing I use their oil for is to extend the factory warrant for 2 more years, it sits on the shelf otherwise.

Some regular fuel mixed in with some Motomaster injector oil and some stability. This will power my ope this summer. I do 5L at a time. I go 50ish to 1. Same stuff that powers my sleds.

Back