Post your latest 2 stroke mix

A while back I purchased one of those cheap Chi-Com chain saws from Amazon. I figured for just $169.00 delivered with free shipping, how bad can it be? Mine is the, "Salem Master Pro". It has a 20" bar, and a 62 CC engine. I ordered an extra chain, and a pack of 4 air filters, along with a pack of 5 spark plugs with it as well.

The saw runs on a 25 to 1 mix, and they give you a nice little plastic mixing bottle. It allows you to mix just a quart at a time. I mixed the first tankful at 20 to 1, with 93 octane no lead, no Ethanol marine race fuel. And some Amsoil Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil, and the saw started on the second pull! I ran the first tank through it just slightly revving it, to break in the engine. The next day I refilled the tank, and removed a palm tree stump in my backyard that looked like hell.

A landscaper quoted me $350.00 to dig down and cut it out, and haul everything away. Which I thought was reasonable, considering how labor intensive the whole thing was. Then I thought I'd get this saw and do it myself. It cut through that palm like it was paper mache. I was able to cut it into small pieces and toss it out with the trash.

So I basically got the saw for free for what it saved me in landscaping fees. It performed really well. And that 62 CC engine makes some really decent power. It ran well with the 20 to 1 mix, so I'll stick to that. I tend to mix my 2-Stroke gas a bit on the oil rich side. My Echo blower and hedge trimmer I run on 40 to 1. I have an older Homelite XL 14" bar saw I run on the same mix as the Salem Master.

I’m curious about cheap Chinese power equipment. Little 25cc top handle chainsaws or huge 52cc bike handle brush cutters for super cheap. 1/10th the price of an equivalent Stihl. Interesting that they all pretty much spec 25:1. I wonder if this is because of cheap bearings needing the extra lube or if it’s more to do with the quality of 2 stroke oil normally found in China.

I’m curious about cheap Chinese power equipment. Little 25cc top handle chainsaws or huge 52cc bike handle brush cutters for super cheap. 1/10th the price of an equivalent Stihl. Interesting that they all pretty much spec 25:1. I wonder if this is because of cheap bearings needing the extra lube or if it’s more to do with the quality of 2 stroke oil normally found in China.
I have to say I am impressed with the overall quality and performance of this saw. My old Homelite XL runs on a 16 to 1 mix. So I wasn't too surprised by the 25 to 1 called for by the Chi Com, Salem Master. I think a lot of these lean gas/oil 2stroke mixes are the result of the EPA pushing for cleaner running 2 strokes.

This is the same as what use. So far I like it and the machines are running great with it.
I run this in all three of my Lawn-Boys. They are 34, 46, and 48 year old Lawn-Boys and run great. Also run the same mix in my Husqvarna trimmer, Hitachi blower, and Echo chainsaw. Everything runs great, well lubed, with no exhaust slobber.

L8R,
Matt

Mixed 5L of Amsoil Sabre at 50:1. I’ve had this bottle for ages. Its from the days when they still recommended it for motorcycles.

1 gallon mix of 91 ethanol free gas to Super Tech syn 2 stroke oil. I think it is 50:1. Running a chainsaw for clean up after hurricane.
I will be trying out the Super Tech bar/chain oil which says a 30wt.

Did about 5L of regular gas, stability with Motomaster conventional snowmobile injector oil. I think its still the Citgo made flavor. About 40:1.

Have been running my little Husqvarna 445 quite a bit lately clearing bush for fence lines. Works like a charm.

If I have any left over when the snow flies, into the sleds it goes.

Bought a 1.3 gal jug of aspen branded alkylate based fuel and mixed in my own oil - Ipone 2T racing at 32:1 for my recently top ended sthil 026 {with an MS 260 jug/piston} and weed eater.. Love the smell!

Have a bunch of trees to cut for the neighbors so I've been kind of paying attention to the saw since it's still pretty fresh. Pulled the plug the other day and took a peek at the bore and piston top

Attachments

• 20210925_163411.jpg
    20210925_163411.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 49
Local Aeroshell 100 octane LL 40-1 mixed with Lucas 2 stroke oil. My Stihl fs38 absolutely loves it. They were out of the 100 octane no lead so I figured why not.

2.6 ounces of Stihl HP Ultra to 1/2 gallon 89 octane Ethanol free, resulting in a 25:1 mix. Obviously a strong brew, but it is what the machine ca;;ed called for.
Stihl-2-6.jpg
Predator-Auger.jpg

Amsoil Sabre at 100:1 in 91 octane ethanol free. Been using it for years with no problems. I mow commercially as a side gig (for now) and run my 2 cycle stuff hard in summer heat. I leave the exhaust screens in just to see if I get any buildup and they stay clean for a long time. I eventually take them out just because I don't like them though. I have bought several used pieces of equipment over the years and nearly every piece I get starts running better after 5-10 tanks of the mix I run.

Did about 5L of regular gas, stability with Motomaster conventional snowmobile injector oil. I think its still the Citgo made flavor. About 40:1.

Have been running my little Husqvarna 445 quite a bit lately clearing bush for fence lines. Works like a charm.

If I have any left over when the snow flies, into the sleds it goes.
Motomaster snowmobile injector (tcw3) used to be Shell, why do you think it is now Citgo. I believe only the new semi synthetic and full synthetic motomaster snowmobile oils are Mystik (Citgo).

Back