Porsche Approved Oil: replacement of A40 with C40 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but why cant a w40 C40 be used in a Porsche engine that calls for the w30 C30
Perhaps it's because VW hasn't yet found a reason to add C40 to those vehicles which use C30? With automakers moving away from 40 weights in general I would not be surprised if the C40 spec is reserved for vehicles which are more likely to spend time on the track.

Exactly. Porsche and VW don't see any need to do so. Higher viscosity would inevitably result in loss of fuel efficiency. That's not according to their intention.
After warranty I'd use Porsche C40/VW 511 00 oil in a C30/VW 504 00 application with confidence. Not necessarily in any A40 application, it depends.

As long as there is no harm for C40 in an engine that requires A40, I would like to try it.
Porsche said C40 is not backward compatible with A40. This keeps me worry.

Nobody has yet been able to confirm that C40 goes through the same rigorous testing procedure as A40.

I've been purchasing A40 oils for a while now coupled with ACEA C3. If someone could confirm that C40 oils go through the same testing procedure as A40 oils then that opens a whole new section of oils to look at for me.

Nobody has yet been able to confirm that C40 goes through the same rigorous testing procedure as A40.

I've been purchasing A40 oils for a while now coupled with ACEA C3. If someone could confirm that C40 oils go through the same testing procedure as A40 oils then that opens a whole new section of oils to look at for me.
A40 actually does not have more rigorous testing requirements compared to MB299.5 or BMW LL01.
The only thing A40 has compared to those is a specific Nordschleife test.

Στιγμιότυπο 2023-06-15, 10.33.31 μμ.jpg

came across this LM. Seems a thin 5-40 , KV100=13 but no HTHS number just the classic equal and/or above 3.5.
does anybody knows the exact number for its HTHS? has anybody used it before?
Are there any doubts on your end? This company does a splendid job in blending. The parameters are meticulously accounted for. The blending process is of high quality - they are extremely precise. Therefore, it should be 3.5 or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back