Polaris Slingshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the added weight there is no way these will perform as good as a motorcycle.
Some people are not as comfortable on two wheels, I get that.
My step dad rode for an additional 5 years on a Can-Am spider, due to a bad leg, I'm glad he did. As riders age - out, we may see more of these.

My biggest issue with the slingshot is the styling.

These are kinda neat, front wheel drive though, I like the styling better. Same engine I think?

https://vanderhallusa.com/

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I'm well aware that it fits into a "certain category", but I could care less. It's friggin fun.

I'm in my early 30s BTW, so no mid-life crisis here. I just love the ultra-raw for-the-drive-only feel about it.

It really is a shame that so many things get labeled as "old guy" stuff. I think if people my age and even younger had a Vette, a Harley, an old muscle car, a fishing boat, and a road trip station wagon in their lives, they would have a lot less bugs up their tunnel.

I also love that 3 wheeler with the motorcycle engine up front. Looks absolutely beastly. Also a huge fan of Caterhams, Shelby Cobras, and other raw driving machines with class.

FWIW I'm an old guy (57) and think the Slingshot is super cool. Maybe if I can't do 2 wheels anymore I'll check one out. Would like to have a Vette too but can't fit in one very well at 6'6" LOL so I got a Challenger. Enjoy it while you're still young.

Last edited:
I still ride two wheels. Just did it today as a matter of fact. Slingshot is just a nice changeup. Matter of fact, I'm gonna changeup into it right now.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back