My VW sacrificed itself to save me/daughter yesterday

Test drove 2 new Kia's tonight after work. 1. '23 Rio 5 door w Tech pkg
2. '24 Forte LXS
Walked out in disgust after the "best they could do" was full sticker price, plus $260 doc fee, $799 "the works" sealant and fabric protection, and get this...$795 dealer incursion fee. I asked what that could possibly be, and the salesman said we have to add it in due to inflation.

I told him I was appalled at this "offer" and thanked him for the test drives.

Decided on a car today. Ended up with a '16 Nissan Altima SL 2.5 with 26k miles on it. Drove that, a cert used '20 Ford Edge SEL FWD 2.0T, and a '24 Buick Envista ST. Shame on GM for putting a 3cyl engine in that beautiful car. Absolute dog on the highway. Chose the Nissan because it is equipped similarly to my now destoyed VW. Not super psyched about the Jatco XCVT but will be buying a Nissan Security + gold extended warranty and will do a drain and fill immediately at 30k miles. Car is absolutely flawless inside. Seats are amazing. The 2.5 is strong and moves it along well. Has Navigation, LED lighting package, Sirius XM, moonroof, leather, heated seats/wheel, remote start, etc. I'll make a new thread when I take possession of it. Nissan was about $3500 less than the Edge ecoboost and the Edge had 44k miles on it. It was flawless too but Rapid Red color and GIGANTIC A-pillars and an overall cheap looking, seemingly endless dash made me not super high on it, plus car-utes are kind of a women's car too.

Decided on a car today. Ended up with a '16 Nissan Altima SL 2.5 with 26k miles on it. Drove that, a cert used '20 Ford Edge SEL FWD 2.0T, and a '24 Buick Envista ST. Shame on GM for putting a 3cyl engine in that beautiful car. Absolute dog on the highway. Chose the Nissan because it is equipped similarly to my now destoyed VW. Not super psyched about the Jatco XCVT but will be buying a Nissan Security + gold extended warranty and will do a drain and fill immediately at 30k miles. Car is absolutely flawless inside. Seats are amazing. The 2.5 is strong and moves it along well. Has Navigation, LED lighting package, Sirius XM, moonroof, leather, heated seats/wheel, remote start, etc. I'll make a new thread when I take possession of it. Nissan was about $3500 less than the Edge ecoboost and the Edge had 44k miles on it. It was flawless too but Rapid Red color and GIGANTIC A-pillars and an overall cheap looking, seemingly endless dash made me not super high on it, plus car-utes are kind of a women's car too.
Do a CVT drain and fill every 30K and you'll have no issues. Yes, they are comfortable cars for sure. Of those 3 options I think you made the best choice.

Man. How many miles and OCI and ATF interval?

I hate insurance companies as they never pay the amount to get you and your back whole.

I second the 30k ATF OCI on Nissan. They make nice looking cars, except for a fees, but the tranny on their non-trucks are so weak.

Last edited:
Snowy roads, teen driver lost control and hit us head on @ 35+mph. Daughter is fine, I have sprained R ankle, whiplash, bruises from seatbelt. I've had a few flashbacks of the crash already making it tough to sleep. Very sore today. Need a new car now....loved that ride. Such a good car.
So glad to hear everyone will be ok, wow....having new drivers myself...that has to be tough to get out of your system.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Back