My VW sacrificed itself to save me/daughter yesterday

Glad to hear that you and your daughter are ok. I've been in a head-on crash before (was hit by drunk driver in '94) so I know first hand how scary those crashes are.

Yeah, sux, this car had 48k on it. It had factory bumper to bumper warranty for 72mo and it was financed at 0%. I have a ton of equity in it but rates now are horrible and not sure what first payoff offer Progressive will give me.

Does the extended warranty contract allow you to cancel early, at least in circumstances like this?

The people walked away from this, the car did not; exactly what should happen. Say a quiet ‘thank you’ to the car and move on. Despite causing the accident, glad the other driver is included in this tally of walking away, hopefully they will learn something from it.

Yeah, sux, this car had 48k on it. It had factory bumper to bumper warranty for 72mo and it was financed at 0%. I have a ton of equity in it but rates now are horrible and not sure what first payoff offer Progressive will give me.
This should be part of your total loss compensation. I know the insurance company will try to weasel out of it, but, you have suffered a loss in that you cannot get another vehicle under these same financial conditions. This situation was caused by the at-fault driver.

In 2002 my '99 Passat was T-Boned on the passenger's side, by a red-light-running Crown Vic. The Vicky was smashed past the front wheels and written off... We drove to the hospital and home. My wife was saved that night by the Passat. A bruised right arm from the airbag, but otherwise neither one of us had any real injuries.

Insurance paid $15,000 to fix her. I LOVED that car.

The Passat died about a year later when the timing belt snapped prematurely. I HATED Volkswagen after that.

This should be part of your total loss compensation. I know the insurance company will try to weasel out of it, but, you have suffered a loss in that you cannot get another vehicle under these same financial conditions. This situation was caused by the at-fault driver.
Explain further please

Unfortunately this isn't my first go 'round and I have used an attorney before. I have pre-existing conditions in my neck from previous wrecks that this one darn-sure exasperated. Not sure what to do here though.
Having gone thru that before and knowing you have existing injuries, you know what to do. GET A LAWYER.
Yes it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. But you have to look after not only your best interests, but god forbid if your daughter materializes problems down the road too.

Wow. That car took a wallop and it did it’s job protecting the precious contents inside. Glad you and your daughter are okay!

Back