My VW sacrificed itself to save me/daughter yesterday

Snowy roads, teen driver lost control and hit us head on @ 35+mph. Daughter is fine, I have sprained R ankle, whiplash, bruises from seatbelt. I've had a few flashbacks of the crash already making it tough to sleep. Very sore today. Need a new car now....loved that ride. Such a good car.

Attachments

• Resized_20240111_150544_1705007287433.jpeg
    Resized_20240111_150544_1705007287433.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Resized_20240111_150601_1705007294593.jpeg
    Resized_20240111_150601_1705007294593.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 442
  • Resized_20240111_150551_1705007285004.jpeg
    Resized_20240111_150551_1705007285004.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 442
  • Resized_20240111_150635_1705007345092.jpeg
    Resized_20240111_150635_1705007345092.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 430
That really sucks, would hate to think about a kid losing control and crashing head on into me and my own kid. A new jetta seems to be in order. Do you know if the teen driver was okay.

Now you get to deal with low balling insurance companies, yours and the other driver's. I love my Jetta and would never accept Blue Book if another driver wrecked it.

Glad to hear that you and your daughter came out of the collision mostly unscathed. I am so grateful for the safety features and design of modern cars, that makes it possible to walk away from a significant collision like yours, with only very minor injuries, if any at all.

Hopefully the insurance will treat you fairly, without much grief, so you can get a replacement soon.

Did the driver of the other car fare as well as you and your daughter?

Glad you both walked away from it.

My wife had an almost identical crash a few years ago. Injuries like you are describing. A lot of her problems arose days and weeks after the crash. She suffers permanent effects from it.
We wound up having to get an attorney to deal with it all.

I didn't want to go that route but I am glad we did. Insurance was going to try to jerk us around and do little.

Get an attorney. You don't know what the long term effects on your body will be. Right now your body is running on adrenaline and you don't know the full extent of your injuries. Document EVERYTHING. Do not talk to the other persons insurance company. Get your attorney to do that. Do not look for a quick bodily injury settlement. You have about three years to see what happens to you physically and emotionally. Get an attorney that specializes in this type of situation.

It was about two years before we realized the full time effects of the collision.

Again I didn't want to go the lawyer route but I am so glad that I did. I found that an attorney is a very valuable asset to have in your corner.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Glad you both walked away from it.

My wife had an almost identical crash a few years ago. Injuries like you are describing. A lot of her problems arose days and weeks after the crash. She suffers permanent effects from it.
We wound up having to get an attorney to deal with it all.

I didn't want to go that route but I am glad we did. Insurance was going to try to jerk us around and do little.

Get an attorney. You don't know what the long term effects on your body will be. Right now your body is running on adrenaline and you don't know the full extent of your injuries. Document EVERYTHING. Do not talk to the other persons insurance company. Get your attorney to do that. Do not look for a quick bodily injury settlement. You have about three years to see what happens to you physically and emotionally. Get an attorney that specializes in this type of situation.

It was about two years before we realized the full time effects of the collision.

Again I didn't want to go the lawyer route but I am so glad that I did. I found that an attorney is a very valuable asset to have in your corner.

I wish you and your daughter the best.
Unfortunately this isn't my first go 'round and I have used an attorney before. I have pre-existing conditions in my neck from previous wrecks that this one darn-sure exasperated. Not sure what to do here though.

Wishing you all the best in healing and recovery - physical, emotional, and financial.
Yeah, sux, this car had 48k on it. It had factory bumper to bumper warranty for 72mo and it was financed at 0%. I have a ton of equity in it but rates now are horrible and not sure what first payoff offer Progressive will give me.

Glad to hear that you came away from the incident with minor injuries so far.

With attorneys taking 40-50% of the settlement, it is not always worth it.

Back