Pick My Next Oil From My Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my stash I need to use, I'm coming up on my annual change in my 2008 4.2L Trailblazer with 180k-ish on the clock
Currently I'm running 0W-40 Rotella T6

I have at my disposal
More Rotella T6 from CJ-4/SM of 2015 vintage
5W-40 CK-4/SN Delo 400 XSP I think the oldest jugs I have are from 2018
0W-40 Mobil1 of 2019 vintage
5W-40 Rotella T6 from 2020
0W-40 Castrol A3/B4 which was manufactured in 2020, maybe early 2021
5W-40 Quaker State Euro from spring of 2021
5W-30 Mobil1 Truck & SUV from mid-2021
5W-30 Mobil1 High Mileage also from around mid 2021
5W-30 Mobil1 Extended Performance also from around the same time frame as the 2 prior.

Maybe a quart every 2500-3000mi
That's acceptable consumption. What are your intervals. I do 9-12k intervals in my 5.3 and 6.0 almost yearly using cheap 11 dollar gallon supertech 15w-40 and I've got over a half million racked up on both original internals with a quart being consumed every 5-6k and no noise.

I'm gonna be buying castrol gtx diesel since home depot forgot to jack up the low 10.97 price. Such good oil and it's the cheapest you can also get. Unless it's below 10f it'll pump just fine from experience.

Of what's in that stash I guess I'd use the oldest oil first just to scratch if off the a-ss

That's acceptable consumption. What are your intervals. I do 9-12k intervals in my 5.3 and 6.0 almost yearly using cheap 11 dollar gallon supertech 15w-40 and I've got over a half million racked up on both original internals with a quart being consumed every 5-6k and no noise.

I'm gonna be buying castrol gtx diesel since home depot forgot to jack up the low 10.97 price. Such good oil and it's the cheapest you can also get. Unless it's below 10f it'll pump just fine from experience.

Of what's in that stash I guess I'd use the oldest oil first just to scratch if off the a-ss
I'm onl going about 4-5k, I haven't been driving much.

I think at this point you need to go out and buy some more oil options. Just a few.

I would use the oldest oil you have.

My question is why keeping old oil? If I find anything over 5 years it gets dumped at the hazmat center. It's not worth chancing ruining an engine using oil that has deteriorated. This hoarding behavior is getting out of control. I feel sad for those who feel the need to pile up on oil (and other products) just to shove it on a shelf for years.

How about only buy what you are going to use and keep just enough for next service?

If I find anything over 5 years it gets dumped at the hazmat center. It's not worth chancing ruining an engine using oil that has deteriorated.
Have some evidence that oil which has been in the ground for millions of years is going to go bad in a sealed bottle after 5 years?

How about only buy what you are going to use and keep just enough for next service?
Because when it's on sale for 10 cents a quart, why not buy enough for 50 services?

Have some evidence that oil which has been in the ground for millions of years is going to go bad in a sealed bottle after 5 years?
Yes plenty of oil analysis reports to show the deterioration. Of course do as you please.

Because when it's on sale for 10 cents a quart, why not buy enough for 50 services?

No oil is .10 a quart. If it was I would not trust it in my motor.

The pricing error stuff at the end of the list came at $.10/qt, the rest came from clearance sales around a buck to a buck fifty a quart, I have a tendency of seeing clearance stuff and think, ooh, that'll be my next oil, when I buy clearance I usually expect that I can at least resell it for as much as I paid if I ever decide I'm not going to use it.

The pricing error stuff at the end of the list came at $.10/qt, the rest came from clearance sales around a buck to a buck fifty a quart, I have a tendency of seeing clearance stuff and think, ooh, that'll be my next oil, when I buy clearance I usually expect that I can at least resell it for as much as I paid if I ever decide I'm not going to use it.

I guess we think differently. When I see an obvious pricing error I let the manager know so it can be corrected. I choose live my life with integrity. I don't feel comfortable being deceptive. That's just me though....

I guess we think differently. When I see an obvious pricing error I let the manager know so it can be corrected. I choose live my life with integrity. I don't feel comfortable being deceptive. That's just me though....
That's great mister high road, but Walmart doesn't care how much is screws anyone else, I don't care how much I screw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back