Phrases folks post online that they shouldn't

it isnt so much ghetto as "texting spelling". if i type to anonymous people on a public website using my ittybitty cell phone keyboard ill use shortcuts in spelling like u or shud or tmoro and definitely nix punctuation marks to save time especially since i have big hands and fat fingers that even hit the adjacent keys on a full size keyboard LOL

im almost 60 and have had cellphones since 1991 and used texting probably from 1996 so I probably saved a year of my life by using the cellphone text spelling
Holy no caps/punctuation Batman! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Sorry buddy, anytime someone is polite upfront before being helped does not equate to arrogance, at least not for me. So according to your posts you have an issue with those who are polite when asking for your help and dare to thank you before you actually do help? 2+2='s 5 kinda math there.
Because I don't read it the same way you do. I undestand many are just trying to be polite/that is the intention but remember, it's not what you think is polite, it's what others think is polite in this instance and in an online world, I don't read that as polite. So when you walk in a restaurant and the hostess is about to seat you do you say "thank you in advance" before she seats you? You say thank you after. May seem weird but well...maybe I'm weird!

Seems like everyone wants to be zombie like in the work place. A lot of stuff is verboten nowadays. Walking on eggshells so to speak.
Being culturally and socially inclusive can be tricky, especially when you have a diverse workplace population. What works for one team's culture may not work for another. Using discretion and exercising a high-level of EI will be critical for success.

Why do people in online forums and FB groups feel the need to include:

"Admins, please delete if not allowed." I've never gotten this...it says to me "Admins, I am giving you permission to do your job."

To me, this says "I know this is not allowed, but I'm going to post it anyway while trying to con you with my fake respect for the rules."

"Use proper English [and] you're regarded as a freak. Oh why can't the English learn to speak" from My Fair Lady
Seems as poignant as ever.

How 'bout?
Use too many letters and you're accused of being bloviate....oh why can't the texters learn to abbreviate. from my heretofore unwritten musical, My Fair Coworker

To me, this says "I know this is not allowed, but I'm going to post it anyway while trying to con you with my fake respect for the rules."
Exactly. I always laugh. I'm a mod in a FB group and a vehicle-based forum and always laugh at it when I see it...."Why thank you for letting me know it's ok to do my job and delete this post that breaks the forum rules." Even funnier is when they write that and it's clearly an ok post....example...FB classifieds group. Selling something. Writes "Please delete if not allowed." AHAHHAHA

"Use proper English [and] you're regarded as a freak. Oh why can't the English learn to speak" from My Fair Lady
Seems as poignant as ever.

How 'bout?
Use too many letters and you're accused of being bloviate....oh why can't the texters learn to abbreviate. from my heretofore unwritten musical, My Fair Coworker

Speak proper English huh? Who is the authority on calling what is the proper culture or tradition value? Doesn't look like it was based on who used it first or first come first serve.

Back