Member Stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now look Critic ..every group needs an Omega member. Today ..it's you. It's for the best..really.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Now look Critic ..every group needs an Omega member. Today ..it's you. It's for the best..really.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: kingrob
The guys that think BITOG stand for "Bob is the Off-Topic Guy" Guys

All of my oil-related issues are satisfied so I'm now free to hang here and [censored].
48.gif

Originally Posted By: kingrob
The guys that think BITOG stand for "Bob is the Off-Topic Guy" Guys

That's not what it is?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Don't forget the smug (insert brand of car here) owner.

Ummm... it's not just a 'brand' thing anymore. "Hybrid" could be subsituted for "insert brand of car here".

Speaking of "Smug"... there's a South Park episode that if it wasn't titled "Smug", it should have been. If you've seen it, you'll know which one I'm referring to.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

The Line Skirter

Possibly the most frustrating member to date, the line skirter knows your policies down to the finest details and how to just barely skirt the lines of decency without technically breaking your rules.
36.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic

The Line Skirter[/b]
Possibly the most frustrating member to date, the line skirter knows your policies down to the finest details and how to just barely skirt the lines of decency without technically breaking your rules. This becomes a disaster as the member will make subtle insults to others, disrupt the forums, yet they seem to be immune to punishments. When you do try to enforce your policies, they point out in grand detail how what they are doing doesn’t break the policies at all and you are just trying to abuse your power as an admin. Worse yet they will do this all in public in an effort to make you look bad in front of your forums members! Having it out with this member is inevitable - their behavior is almost always deliberate. Keep to your resolve and never let their nitpicking sway you from your policies. Allow no leniency where they are causing serious problems, especially if there have been multiple complaints. In the end if you are forced to give a ban, make sure you are clear and exact about why it was necessary and point out all the incidents that led up to that point. Banning a line skirter without full detailed explanations leaves them ample room to create their own case against you!

Reading this makes me feel so good I now need a change of underwear.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
We can come up with a lot of more site specific stereotypes too:

Thick Heads: Won't use anything thinner than a heavy 30 weight.

Thin Heads: Have sworn off anything thicker than 20 weight.

Additive Junkies: Have to juice up any motor oil they use with a zddp additive. Worst cases even juice up Redline.

I am sure there are many more and these three could be elaborated on extensively.

Cheapskates: will use anything that is near free or low price, and complain about any better oil that cost more than the cheapest available. (e.g. PandaBear)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
We can come up with a lot of more site specific stereotypes too:

Thick Heads: Won't use anything thinner than a heavy 30 weight.

Thin Heads: Have sworn off anything thicker than 20 weight.

Additive Junkies: Have to juice up any motor oil they use with a zddp additive. Worst cases even juice up Redline.

I am sure there are many more and these three could be elaborated on extensively.

Cheapskates: will use anything that is near free or low price, and complain about any better oil that cost more than the cheapest available. (e.g. PandaBear)

ZDDParanoid: Someone who is convinced that their stock flat lifter cam in their engine will go flat if they use oil without high ZDDP. Seeing millions of Jeep 4.0 engines that will not die doesn't calm their fears.

The marketing hype ignorer: They use "Extra fortified for truck use" oils in their car. You are talking to one, I use Quaker State Torque Power synthetic in cars because it is cheap and effective.

The chiller: This person doesn't really care what oil goes in, he just changes it every so often, and has no trouble. I might be considered a chiller because when somebody asks about the finest gear oil, I just tell them that at least they are ahead of 98% of the people for actually changing gear oil and getting rid of the gray iron paste that destroys bearings.

Chemical Band Aid Applier: This is when somebody buys a premium oil or other chemical in order to hopefully avoid failure of a flawed product.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
JB? Is that a member who's shunned and leaves?

JohnBrowning. Yes.

As in: "Do a JohnBrowning?"

I believe “pulling a John Browning” sounds more appropriate (yet not any less obscene).

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
JB? Is that a member who's shunned and leaves?

JohnBrowning. Yes.

As in: "Do a JohnBrowning?"

I believe “pulling a John Browning” sounds more appropriate (yet not any less obscene).

ROTFLMAO
LOL.gif

I have another to add:

"The Archivist" : Usually newer guys that pull up six year old threads and reply to the OP (who has been inactive since 2003) as if he still cares when the "new" SL rated oil is supposed to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back