Online pharmacy info needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My doctor has put me on a medicine that is not covered by my insurance. Doc suggested I buy it from online pharmacy called Planetdrugsdirect.com. I checked there and I could buy the medicine cheaper than paying out of pocket at the local drugstore. I also found the same medicine even cheaper by about 50% at another online pharmacy called Prescriptionpoint.com. I found Prescription Point on Pharmacychecker.com which is a large web site that offers info on all online pharmacies.

Pharmacy Checker and Prescription Point are supposed to be legitimate sites that offer quality drugs. However, some of the sites on Pharmacy Checker are flagged with warnings from my Bing search and Web Of Trust extensions. Malwarebytes Pro will not even allow me to get on the Planetdrugsdirect.com site, so I Google checked it on my phone first and found it was OK and read about the site on my phone browser.

Before I spend money and give out my personal info or credit card info for an online prescription I would like to get info and/or suggestions on these online pharmacies from any of us here at BITOG who may have used one. Are they really legitimate and sell the same drug I can get at CVS or did you get ripped off/scammed or have an otherwise bad experience?

I did search here, the only post I found was a few years old and I want to get current info. Google and Bing searches only lead me to sites advertising the pharmacies themselves, most of which have the red circles from Web Of Trust warning me the site is malicious. I did not find much real world info on the pharmacies and their service and quality of the medicine.

Thanks for any help on this.

I haven't used those, but I did buy successfully from healthwarehouse.com.

Goodrx.com is another decent resource. You'll print out a discount card there for use at local pharmacies.

This might not help but I have been buying drugs that require a prescription for my dog from Canada for years. Takes about a week and saves me about 60%. Zero problems.

What drug is it? Check to see if the drug company that makes it is offering any discounts.

Alldaychemist.com is by far the cheapest source but the drugs originate in India and a $25 flat shipping charge can be prohibitive on a small order and takes some time to receive them (usually a couple of weeks). However, if you buy a year's supply at a time the cost savings can be enormous especially for a branded drug that can be sold as a generic in India but not here.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
I haven't used those, but I did buy successfully from healthwarehouse.com.

Goodrx.com is another decent resource. You'll print out a discount card there for use at local pharmacies.

These are both legitimate. However, the savings may not be that great. Healthwarehouse is liekly to be a good bit cheaper than CVS on generics though. CVS is the most expensive place to fill scripts, with Rite-Aid right behind.

Go to Goodrx.com and plug in your prescription, it will show the prices for that drug in your area using the Good RX savings card. Try to use independent if you can
wink.gif
I work for an independent and try to steer people away from the chains whenever I can.

safegenericpharmacy.com is good and honest. i ordered a few times from them already (not the same med that you're thinking about, crazyoildude) and it takes a week or 2 to deliver from india to US. shipping free on larger orders ($250+).

I did not mean to sound nosy but we have found that if you look there are coupons and other rebates on most drugs... Also $10.00 co pay cards.. Start looking on their websites and check with your doctors office also.. There are deals out there..There are also many companies that may be able to help you with thew cost..
Again i was not trying to be intrusive just trying to help..

What about generic?

Thanks for all the replies. So far the planetdrugdirect.com looks legit however they do not accept Visa or Mastercard, they prefer you to use your checking account online for payment. I am not comfortable at all with that. They do take American Express but I do not have an AmEx card so would have to buy and use a prepaid AmEx.

Jacek, thanks for the safegeneric link. It looks promising and I will check it out further tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
they prefer you to use your checking account online for payment. I am not comfortable at all with that.

Open an online checking/savings account that has no minimum, and use it only for transactions like this. Keep $0 in the account when not in use. Make sure it's not overdrafted to your main checking account, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back