Phrases folks post online that they shouldn't

I hate any grammar policing (just use your delete button)

Also those who use the latest vernacular (going forward is too ol for 'latest' but
you may know what I mean. Yeah corp speak is one but also that in the street
or trendy). "or not' was a decade ago?, "xxx, not so much" more recent, "like"
and so on.

I hate any grammar policing (just use your delete button)

Also those who use the latest vernacular (going forward is too ol for 'latest' but
you may know what I mean. Yeah corp speak is one but also that in the street
or trendy). "or not' was a decade ago?, "xxx, not so much" more recent, "like"
and so on.
"so on"

That one I hate.

Your post needs better punctuation, one giant parenthesis is awkward and the use of abbreviations is irritating.

:ROFLMAO: Hope you "see what I did there"

"Quick question....." Sorry, I only respond to very long, horribly complicated questions.

"You wont believe what I seen"..... Well you can believe I wont seen your email.

For the "and go" haters out there...from a FB group I mod...this doesn't bother me at all b/c I see it as funny but I know some get steamed.

Capture.JPG

“School me…. ”. What an idiotic thing to post.
They're basically admitting that they're an idiot and they just need to do some basic googling although there's a few things that I suppose if you read about it, you still might not get. Like school me on why yang-mills existence and mass gap problem won't be proven even though there's a million dollar prize on it. I guess If you could really prove it, you'd have the million.

One that irks me is posting subjects that don't inform what the post will be about. Example; "Please help!"
Are you a damsel in destress? Need a cop? Fell down and can't get up? I don't bother to read them.
Another is starting a post with "So, blah blah blah...."
ALL CAPS.
No punctuation.
Super run-on sentences.

P.S. I don't reach out to people. I reach out for my phone or keyboard. Reaching out to people can get you counseled by HR.

I’m as guilty as the next guy but it always make me laugh a little when people give their life story before answering a simple question…

Well you see, yesterday the Mrs and I took a little trip to the store to get some shopping done. But her bad knee started to flare up so I had to push the cart. Which I don’t like to do. Especially when we do our monthly big item shopping and we were. The line was unusually long too and I was a bit hungry which didn't help matters any. Did have coupons for ground beef so that was nice. I wish Phill was still the manager of the store, he kept things moving in there. But he retired last year due to his ongoing gout problems. Anyhow but to answer the initial question I prefer grape jelly to strawberry jelly.

I think many post, esp as regarding posts #91 and 83 above, as they would talk. I like this as it reflects on
who they are. Bob's oil is the least of what the site has become, also some thing I enjoy. One topic, one
way of answering ("my way") is contracting, negative, closed. If I dont like, I skip, use Delete, or just go the other way as I do
out there when not in cyber space...

As mentioned previously , " Thanks for the add " is the one that gets to me . Yeah , you were added to a Facebook page by an Admin and you thank all the members for something they didn't do .

As mentioned previously , " Thanks for the add " is the one that gets to me . Yeah , you were added to a Facebook page by an Admin and you thank all the members for something they didn't do .
TIA/PFA/Please delete if not allowed

I think the texting shorthand I truly detest more than others is to see some dude call a woman, "hon". 🤮 Women hate being called that too.

'Put boots on the ground' and 'In my wheelhouse' are two personal favorite irks. A new one to me is 'upskilling' which makes my eyes roll whenever I read it.

I work for a defense contractor. The amount of buzzwords that folks use nowadays in typed communication is unreal, like they are expected to use them as if it shows some kind of business savvy or inside knowledge or something. Nope, it's just dumb.

Back