Pennzoil Ultra on closeout, is it worth hoarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Tulsa,Oklahoma area. They closed out the PU at $21 for the 5qt jugs and $5 for the quarts. I bought the last 3 jugs of 5w20 and the last 3 quarts of the same. My 2006 Corolla S 1zz-fe really worked well with this.

haven't checked yet to see if the Autozone or Advance Auto carry it in quarts. I guess worst case I switch back to PP.

Before anything else, thank you all from everyone at Pennzoil for your loyalty to our brand and continued interest in purchasing our premium product from your local Walmart. Pennzoil Ultra is still being distributed to Walmart stores across the United States, with Walmart focusing Pennzoil Ultra sales in stores with the highest demand for this premium product. If you are having difficulty finding Pennzoil Ultra at a store near you, please give us a call at 1-800-BEST-OIL (option 3 then option 2) where a Pennzoil representative can identify the nearest Walmart location carrying Pennzoil Ultra. If you’d like to purchase Pennzoil Ultra online, we encourage you to utilize online retailers such as Amazon.com.

Thank you!
Suzanne Clerkin
Pennzoil Associate Brand Manager

Originally Posted By: SuzanneClerkin
Before anything else, thank you all from everyone at Pennzoil for your loyalty to our brand and continued interest in purchasing our premium product from your local Walmart. Pennzoil Ultra is still being distributed to Walmart stores across the United States, with Walmart focusing Pennzoil Ultra sales in stores with the highest demand for this premium product. If you are having difficulty finding Pennzoil Ultra at a store near you, please give us a call at 1-800-BEST-OIL (option 3 then option 2) where a Pennzoil representative can identify the nearest Walmart location carrying Pennzoil Ultra. If you’d like to purchase Pennzoil Ultra online, we encourage you to utilize online retailers such as Amazon.com.

Thank you!
Suzanne Clerkin

Suzanne Clerkin, thank you very much for looking out for your loyal customers.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: SuzanneClerkin

Thank you!
Suzanne Clerkin

Do any Walmart's in Canada still carry it?
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I haven't seen any at Saskatchewan's Walmarts in a very long time.

I've never seen it at a sask Walmart. Heck I just started seeing it in napa and a single gas station in a new sub we were working in.
At 13 a quart and no big jugs I won't be trying it out either.
Even though pennzoil is my favorite brand of oil.

I finally found PU on sale for $4 per quart at Autozone. It's still regular price at Walmart. Also, only 5 30 was on sale.

While I was there I heard a lady ask if she could use 5 30 in her car instead of 10 30 and the employee said no 5 30 is only for the winter. She asked what would happen and the employee said,"If 5 30 is used in the summer it could evaporate and ruin your engine." I just shook my head as the three other employees nodded in agreement.

Originally Posted By: sddale
While I was there I heard a lady ask if she could use 5 30 in her car instead of 10 30 and the employee said no 5 30 is only for the winter. She asked what would happen and the employee said,"If 5 30 is used in the summer it could evaporate and ruin your engine." I just shook my head as the three other employees nodded in agreement.

That is downright amazing, huh?

I finally found PU on sale for $4 per quart at Autozone. It's still regular price at Walmart. Also, only 5 30 was on sale.

Why didn't you say something?

I've said something in similar situations. One that stands out in my mind was while I was at Future Shop picking up an inkjet cartridge and the "guru" was explaining something about WiFi to a customer that was complete and utter malarkey. I stopped him mid-sentence, corrected everything he had said at that point, gave him a wink and the customer went off with an inexpensive Linksys router and an understanding of how to set it up securely. The "guru" said nothing to me, just kind of put his head down and looked up at me, sort of the look your dog does when he's done something wrong and knows that you know. And then he turned and walked back behind the desk and into the back.

That's one of my biggest gripes with people. If you don't know, YOU DON'T KNOW. So you SAY THAT. And that you will FIND OUT! You don't make tripe up on the spot and try to peddle it as knowledge, that doesn't do anybody any good, and in some cases, well, it makes you look like an idiot.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Garak
I haven't seen any at Saskatchewan's Walmarts in a very long time.

Most of the women I see here in my local WM look like Sasquatch.

I feel your pain, BOF.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I've said something in similar situations. One that stands out in my mind was while I was at Future Shop picking up an inkjet cartridge and the "guru" was explaining something about WiFi to a customer that was complete and utter malarkey. I stopped him mid-sentence, corrected everything he had said at that point, gave him a wink and the customer went off with an inexpensive Linksys router and an understanding of how to set it up securely. The "guru" said nothing to me, just kind of put his head down and looked up at me, sort of the look your dog does when he's done something wrong and knows that you know. And then he turned and walked back behind the desk and into the back.

That's one of my biggest gripes with people. If you don't know, YOU DON'T KNOW. So you SAY THAT. And that you will FIND OUT! You don't make tripe up on the spot and try to peddle it as knowledge, that doesn't do anybody any good, and in some cases, well, it makes you look like an idiot.

Not only was I a pipefitter/welder for over 30 years but I also held a journeyman's card/license in plumbing.
When I would do side jobs I would buy my materials at Home Depot. 98% of my jobs were on the weekend, when gullible homeowners love to shop at HD. There is not enought room on this board to type the far fetched stories the HD employees fed these gullible homeowners! I did step in a few times, but not to embarrass the employee but to save the homeowner money or being sold the wrong product.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I spoke to her by the oil before we checked out and I didn't feel like getting into it when neither would harm her car. I was just happy to get this deal. It's just amazing what [censored] people will say.

Walmart = good pricing at the cost of good service and technical expertise.

You better know what you're looking for and where it's at before leaving home and shopping at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back