old oil from one engine into another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Originally Posted By: Artem
It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing my baby has top of the line oil at all times. I'd honestly change it every 1,000 miles with Redline oil if i was crazy enough but since this isn't a Ferrari, i'll stick with the semi anal 3k OCIs i've been doing for the past 80,000 miles since i bought the car new in 2007.

I dumped the FF @ 1k for Valvoline high mileage (lots of Moly)

Then dumped that @ 2k for a Synth blend

and @ 3k went to full synthetic (any random brand that was on sale at the time of OCI

This car gets babied on maintenance but gets abused daily on the street/track (time attack)

Since thats true, new oil for you.

I don't quite understand your post.

btw, i'm from jax as well, Duval FTW

Last edited by a moderator:
FTW? Not sure what that is. "Duuuu-vaaaaaal!" As they say on 102.9
thumbsup2.gif

I was saying, since you love your car, new oil for you.

Come on over to K-Mart and get yourself a quart of something! Maybe even our SpectrumPLUS!
thumbsup2.gif

"Duuuuuu-vaaaaaal!"
thumbsup2.gif

Well if you buy into the discussion about used oil protecting better than new fresh oil then by all means go for it. Take fresh oil, run a 3000-4000 mile OCI dump it into a clean container and then pour it into something new , that will take 5-6 years to pay off. LOL

On a more serious note I think fresh oil would be the better way to go with anything you care about. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Well if you buy into the discussion about used oil protecting better than new fresh oil then by all means go for it. Take fresh oil, run a 3000-4000 mile OCI dump it into a clean container and then pour it into something new , that will take 5-6 years to pay off. LOL

On a more serious note I think fresh oil would be the better way to go with anything you care about. JMO

Thats like saying slightly used tires (maybe lit up once) grip better than new new tires since they have that first spin, to let them grip better. i dont buy into that either.

I +1000 demarpaint's comments. Used oil is used oil. Especially oil with depleted TBNs!

Its not like batteries from a digitalcamera that can power something for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back