Lost another one: HEMI #3

Am I tho one that’s a little skeptical that the oil is actually getting changed at low intervals when the single one that had a valve cover pulled was sludges up. If I was the fleet manager I’d be trying to determine if the Indy was actually doing the work…

Anyway…
Varnish, not sludge, a bit surprising, but the HEMI is arguably hard on oil, so maybe shouldn't be THAT surprising?

My mom has the 2019 Ram Classic (that got hit with hail damage the other day unfortunately), but it sounds like her Hemi engine should be ok from what I’m reading here. 😮‍💨

My Charger is getting a replacement engine, if the hail damage doesn’t do it in monetarily. Even then, I’ll strip out my factory upgrades before that happens.

Yeah, I considered replacing cam and lifters, but hearing that the entire engine is probably contaminated with shavings means it’s a foolish endeavor to take on now. 🤔
If you pull the oil control valve and it’s covered in metal yeah, engine is toast. But if not, dealers will just do the cam and lifters…. At least that’s what happened to my friend in his Durango at 180k. Last I asked it was over 250k miles and still going strong.

If you pull the oil control valve and it’s covered in metal yeah, engine is toast. But if not, dealers will just do the cam and lifters…. At least that’s what happened to my friend in his Durango at 180k. Last I asked it was over 250k miles and still going strong.

I figure I’ll be safe dropping in a reman long block. The car is solid so I’d had to scrap it.

Back