Now I understand filter wipe-downs (Purolator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrsandman, should do the BITOG board a favor and SHUT UP and STOP POSTING lies. Sad that JK_636 would harass a member like DLundblad the way he did.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Real Mr. Sandman is supposed to relax people, like in the song. This one here is a bad imitator.

Lucifer's sandman.

Originally Posted By: Arctic388
i looked at the pic and i cant see anything wrong? nothing i see would stop me from using that filter.

besides unless you built that engine in a sterilized clean room and prefiltered the assembly lube for the cam and main bearings this filter is the least of your worries.

I don't know where the heck you get your lube from, but mine doesn't have paint chips in it. My clean-room doesn't have paint chips flying around either. It's not sterilized, but we keep it real clean. Like I said, no paint chips flying around.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
^^Leave your father out of this lol

LoL ... sandman666

These Puro hate threads are getting out of control.
Either lots of guys here are crazy Fram fanboys (Just like teenage girls with their idols) or haters with an agenda.

This is insane, whats coming next?
"Purolator box was beaten, destroyed my engine"

And no, im not a Purolator fanboy. In fact im currently using a Fram Ultra in one of my cars.

Last edited:
^^^ False "truth".

Originally Posted By: Noobie
Either lots of guys here are crazy Fram fanboys (Just like teenage girls with their idols) or haters with an agenda.

It's normal for the majority of guys here to not like tearing oil filters ... it just so happened to be Purolators. If it would have been Fram, WIX, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, etc, etc ... the "hate" for them would be the same. Once a repetative failure like tearing media happens, 99% of the people don't care what the brand name is on the side of the can. The other 1% are blind fanboys.

As far as the new Purolator line, I can see why there is some doubt. So until they prove themselves again, it's gonna be a long slow road to recovery for the guys who have a bad taste in their mouth for Purolator ... or is that PuroLATER.

Originally Posted By: Noobie

This is insane, whats coming next?
"Purolator box was beaten, destroyed my engine"

And no, im not a Purolator fanboy. In fact im currently using a Fram Ultra in one of my cars.

Agreed! Lots of haters and/or those with an agenda it would seem.

LoL ... yeah, the "agenda" is to not use a product that has low quality, and fails to do what it's designed to do. The "agenda" is to find a better product. That is the "agenda" 99%+ of people who spend their money on products.

I certainly hope nobody is accusing me of "hating" on Purolator or having an agenda after I spent money and time dissecting a Purolator Boss filter, giving it a positive visual review aside from its backing, and even defending it's use of a slotted center tube (that it turns out other oil companies have been using). Because that would be pretty stupid.

It'd far more likely that the real agenda is to assign blame for valid criticism of real problems.

Stick your head a little further in the sand.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I certainly hope nobody is accusing me of "hating" on Purolator or having an agenda after I spent money and time dissecting a Purolator Boss filter, giving it a positive visual review aside from its backing, and even defending it's use of a slotted center tube (that it turns out other oil companies have been using). Because that would be pretty stupid.

It'd far more likely that the real agenda is to assign blame for valid criticism of real problems.

Stick your head a little further in the sand.

I appreciate your Boss thread! I disagree with your assessment of the backing, I think you need to view the filter element as a whole, not just the individual pieces. But that is just simple difference of opinion.

Also I don't think the paint chips, which more than likely happened during shipping, are a big deal. Certainly the inside of the can is not coated. But I believe the chips are a valid, albeit insignificant defect.

No filter is perfect. Every Ultra I have used has tooling oil(I spoke to Fram) on the base plate and when wiped is dirty. Still a topnotch filter but will switch to the Boss since I buy at Advanced.

What is getting tiresome is the endless visceral hatred and trollishness of some in this thread which pops up in every filter thread lately.

Please keep in mind that in spite of the backing, I did specifically mention that one of my favorite filters has no acking at all, that the backing was not a dealbreaker for me, and that visually it is a darn good filter.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Lol, go stick o sock in it ,garak

Garak is one of the most trustworthy and respectable members here. And the majority crowd knows that. You should be careful with who you insult because your rep will suffer.

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
You should be careful with who you insult because your rep will suffer.

He rep is already smoked.

I go down the middle on this one. No, I wouldn't have used that Pure One. But I would have found a Pure One I would use, and cleared it with the client.
But it's Monday morning quarterbacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back