Now I understand filter wipe-downs (Purolator)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overspray is on the dirty-oil side of the filter, so I don't know if it would bother me.

But I've seen Fram Ultras full of grime and machining grit on the face plate. That made me wonder about QA and manufacturing practices.

But in either case, I don't think I'd go to the trouble of seeking out a notary....:)

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Lol, go stick o sock in it ,garak
Is that you JK636?
ok its annoying enough that I can't just be me who I am according to you guys. At least, if you're going to insist collectively that I'm somebody I'm not, could you at least make up your mind. Half of you are calling me Big Daddy easy and half of you are calling me JK 636.

Now to try to steer this back on topic again I must declare that the filter which is subject of this post is perfectly fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and the customer was right.

At least, if you're going to insist collectively that I'm somebody I'm not, could you at least make up your mind. Half of you are calling me Big Daddy easy and half of you are calling me JK 636.

I'd vote for Dig Daddy before JK636 ... but maybe you're really that other banned troll Oil Changer since he liked to play in the sand. You might have been both DBE and OC, since those guys seemed to be troll buddies.
wink.gif

Now to try to steer this back on topic again I must declare that the filter which is subject of this post is perfectly fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and the customer was right.

Yes, back on topic ... claiming that paint sprayed on areas it shouldn't be (and no other filter has) is super cool and everyone should have one. LoL

The fact is, an oil filter is still an engine part.

If any other engine part had defects I'm sure not many would say to use it.

There's no question that the filter is out of spec, the only question is why are you guys still feeding the trolls? When a person adds zero value to every discussion they have been a part of its not hard to understand their motives. If everyone ignores it eventually it will get bored.

The op claimed there were paint chips loose in the filter. Thats not over spray, sorry z boy thats another fail for you.
Even if some paint was not loose during shipping and got inside the filter all you got to do shake it out baby

^^^ Loose paint ... even worse than over spray. Both are bad and junk quality ... that's the real fail.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
There's no question that the filter is out of spec, the only question is why are you guys still feeding the trolls? When a person adds zero value to every discussion they have been a part of its not hard to understand their motives. If everyone ignores it eventually it will get bored.

There's a reason I haven't responded to one of the posters, and there's a reason why he keeps trying to get me to.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Half of you are calling me Big Daddy easy and half of you are calling me JK 636.

Keep in mind that such contentions aren't mutually exclusive.

Nor should general opinion be. So take off your sheep suits and abide by what you can determin for yourselves. Public opinion is always fueld by the agendas of a few.

So take off your sheep suits and abide by what you can determin for yourselves.

I do. That's why there's Wix on my vehicles. I don't need Fram's inflated prices thanks to inflated marketing, nor do I need Purolator's inability to build a filter with more structural integrity than a stale cookie and their lack of logistical skills.

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
Are there any moderators on this forum? To describe this thread as useless would be an insult to the word "useless."

....and nobody would want to besmirch your name.

DoubleWasp,

I would not use the filter on my engine. If a company can not get the small details right, what about the more important details you can not see? I would take it back if I could.

Your cut & post on the Boss was very good. Thanks.

Jk636 is a seperate individual from me.

I would suggest that's a matter to be addressed with a therapist rather than the BITOG readership.

LOL that was a good one

I do. That's why there's Wix on my vehicles. I don't need Fram's inflated prices thanks to inflated marketing, nor do I need Purolator's inability to build a filter with more structural integrity than a stale cookie and their lack of logistical skills.

+1. I am beginning to line up with your thinking here.

Lately I inspect what comes off the vehicle and what goes back on.

This is why I started looking at filters not made by Purolator.

I think routine cut & posts on new and used filters is a good thing.

I should get busy and do a couple for the ones that are appreciative.

What's been determined by the majority of filter buyers here is that tearing media and paint over spray inside oil filters is something they don't want to buy and use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back