Not how I wanted to start off the new year.

Well, that stinks. Is it a regulation that they can’t go deeper in the existing well? That would seem to make the most sense if possible. I wonder why it’s so expensive in CA, is there an expensive permit the well driller pays and passes on to the homeowner?

How big is the water tank at your house?
2000 gallon

Got another quote today. Guy was weird. Walked around my yard dowsing for water. He said the only place with water worth drilling for is on the farthest corner away from my house. He's talking about trenching 100's of feet for pipe and wire, making a pad on a steep hill big el to put a drilling truck on, replacing my perfectly working pressure tank with a much smaller one etc.

I'm on to the next guy.

Chris, is it possible that with all the rain coming to California right now your well could start working again? I know you said the pump was out. Have you thought about putting it back in?

I can't believe $50K for a well. Only well I ever had drilled was in NC and went 400'. This was 1991 or 92 if I recall correctly and the total cost for drilling/pump/and other materials was under $3K. Most wells in that area were 300'+ and I heard of several in the area drilling up to 600' and ending up with a dry hole. At least in my case I ended up with about 10 gpm.

I never would have thought a well in VA would be that deep.
Same here. I am 1200 ft abpve sea ;eve; here in the hills of WV and my well is 140'. Thought that was deep.Lol There is a lot of water in the ground, springs etc around here.

I can't believe $50K for a well. Only well I ever had drilled was in NC and went 400'. This was 1991 or 92 if I recall correctly and the total cost for drilling/pump/and other materials was under $3K. Most wells in that area were 300'+ and I heard of several in the area drilling up to 600' and ending up with a dry hole. At least in my case I ended up with about 10 gpm.
That's nuts. It cost $5400 to drill mine in 1965

Back