No brake lights for 1 1/2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy2.gif
Anyways I think that's when they stopped working truly I don't know when the fuse blew. Finally got around to trouble shooting the broken aftermarket cruise control on my Ranger that has been broken since Oct. 07... wouldn't of known it otherwise. Could of been last year around June also but either time frame is just as bad. Usually I do a check all around on occasion but with had alot happen in the last year and half. I always thought people liked to ride my tail excessively least I know why now. Even more shocking nobody said anything.

And on the Ranger it has a separate turn signal and tail lamps and both of them worked.

Normally, I complain about Pennsylvania's annual vehicle safety inspection, but sometimes, I realize it's not such a bad thing after all....

Originally Posted By: Canawler
Normally, I complain about Pennsylvania's annual vehicle safety inspection, but sometimes, I realize it's not such a bad thing after all....

That was my thought as well..

I check all that stuff once a year... I have an LED third brake light so I'm not too worried about checking it more often.

I have over 170K KM (over 100K Miles) and still have original bulbs!

A nice hint with brake and backup light bulbs is if you back up at night you can see them reflect in windows and other cars' chrome.

Used to be they wired the dome light in with the brake fuse so it'd tick you off and make you chase down the reason...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
A nice hint with brake and backup light bulbs is if you back up at night you can see them reflect in windows and other cars' chrome.

Yep. Every so often when I'm stopped in traffic, I glance at my car's reflection in other cars to see if the headlights and brake lights are still working.

I have noticed lately at least one in three car/truck has a brake light out and it dosen't matter what year it is ..Some have all brakes lights out and only the 3rd light working.. Most are actually late model cars and trucks..Years ago it was maybe 1 in 7 cars.

I notice the Chevy Express Van is one of the vans that have the most bulbs out...Maybe I notice it more because their are so many Chevy Express Vans down here.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Even more shocking nobody said anything.

Oh, be sure they said plenty....you just never heard any of it.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Even more shocking nobody said anything.

Oh, be sure they said plenty....you just never heard any of it.
smirk2.gif

Can't recall anyone giving me the bird etc.. I was referring to those that know me. I know I've had my boss follow me out of the garage at work numerous times. I know I'm not well liked but not that much
LOL.gif

It is easy to tell if the brakes light are working now that they are working. The third brake light lights up the bed and rear brakes light you can tell even with nothing around. Least I know if the cruise control stops working again I'll know somethings wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back