Nissan Versa Tire Monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to pick up some snow tires for my wifes 09 Nissan Versa. However, I do not want to buy another set of tire pressure monitors for $89/each (more expensive than the tires!). Can I run in the winter without tire pressure monitors? I assume my tire light will stay on but that is ok with me if it saves me almost $400.

yes you can. It may also be possible to throw all the sensors in your spare tire so you never have the light.

Yeah the light will probably stay on or you could build a TPMS bomb. "You take 3 inch pvc pipe cap both ends shove all the sensors in it, drill a hole in one of the caps and stick a normal valve stem in seal it up and fill it up to 35psi, throw it in your trunk and it should bypass the TPMS unit." Just kidding about this. Although this works and people have done it, for you, it's more trouble than it's worth because you will be putting the original tires back on in a few months. I'd just put a small piece of tape over the light.

Will discount tire sell me the tires and wheels and install without the tire pressure sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back