DWS06 + in the snow

I'm pondering these tires for my accent. Before you tell me I know I don't need an "ultra high performance all season". But I'm trying to avoid having 2 sets of winter wheels and tires. My wifes accent will have a set of 15" aluminum wheels with dedicated snows. But I'm toying with the idea of having 1 tire year round on my car. I want more than your standard all season.

The problem i have is the 205/45-17 tires size is kind of odd. It must match some sort of sports car because there are many performance tires in this size. Really no all weathers available which is what I'd really like to have. Which leads me to the DWS06+. They seem to be a good compromise of year round performance. Of course no where near a dedicated snow but I'm ok with that as long as they are better than your average commuter all season.

Any feedback on these tires in the snow?

I went through two sets of these on a 3IS. If it's heavy snow on the highway, you'll be in the right lane going 45 with your hazards on.

I finally switched to full winters and am able to confidently go 80+ mph even in the worst snow storms. Not an exaggeration.

I have the Continental DW06+ on two vehicles, but also have winter wheels and tires for them. Both are equipped with Bridgestone Blizzaks. It's not so much the snow where I live as the ice that is the problem. Dedicated winter tires like the Blizzaks are much better on ice, but they wear quickly in warmer weather. I generally wait until the forecast calls for ten days below 47 degrees F to put them on, then ten days above 32 F to remove them. I cannot say that I would recommend the DW06+ for driving on ice.

Back