New Valvoline Oil

He didn't get there BECAUSE of Lucas. He got there in spite of it.

He got there because it’s an old B model Mack. They could survive on a diet of liquid tar, a crank case full of 50w and hate. They hated you, you hated them, especially on a bumpy road.

Remember why they put a bulldog on the hood of a Mack truck - one ******e looking at another.

(We used to be exclusively all Mack trucks. Had tons of B models and R models.)

Comparing those engines compared to anything made in the last 30 years though… that’s not apples to apples.

Last edited:
If Skynet ever becomes self aware, I now worry that I will have been the one who convinced it to initiate judgement day. All because I caused it to have Rod Knock.

Wrong thread, was supposed to be in our super secret chat room guys.
LolRoflGIF.gif

Irritating Rod Knock …?
No, the Turbo Charger fails first. You almost never blow the rod bearings with Lucas. On such big engines, rod knock isn't really a thing. As soon as the engine is under load with a failing rod bearing, it's toast. Still, it's not as irritating as the boys descending and shrinking.

My prediction is after a few more months, we'll start to see regular consumers testing it and posting reviews/pics etc. If it doesn't appear to work, it will be put on extinction like Modern Engine.

My prediction is after a few more months, we'll start to see regular consumers testing it and posting reviews/pics etc. If it doesn't appear to work, it will be put on extinction like Modern Engine.
Early independent reviews even if positive are too small sample size. Probably wait at least a year or until the oil gets vetted here from unbiased buyers with before and after images.

I think it goes with general knowledge of base oils here knows what cleans and not. In the end of the day you get what you pay for. Marketing suicide doesnt seem to bold well in the diy pcmo market as we should see soon or later.

Was trying to decide if I need to make my own thread or continue here. Please let me know. But just changed the oil, filter, engine filter. I thought the car only had 178k miles. It's 240k miles.

Replaced the express lube oil filter for the fram ultra synthetic. Unknown oil removed, but dad thinks its castrol. He pays $30 for the change so I'm assuming conventional. Filled the oil filter before install then filled 4.8ish qts of oil. Measured right at the full mark.
The oil filter thread/ housing was varnished. I cleaned it as much as i can.

my youngest brother (20 years old) hates driving, so this only takes him to and from work. He doesn't put many miles on the car, so this is purely an experiment for myself to see how well this oil cleans. I plan on doing a change every 2 or 3 months. Haven't decided yet. Probably 3 since he puts like 500 miles a month. View attachment 218202View attachment 218201View attachment 218199
View attachment 218203View attachment 218198View attachment 218200
I could have sworn you made mention somewhere about seeing clean areas forming inside the oil fill area, presumably because of the R&P.

As I mentioned early on this thread I was trying it in our bought new by us, nice weather, exceptionally well maintained, and respectfully driven 255K mile Honda Element (I was going to run three 3K OCIs with filter changes each time).

Anyway, while closing up the garage tonight I thought of this thread. I removed the oil filler cap to find this. For years this metal baffle has looked varnished. These are not funnel marks. This is new since putting in R&P. The oil has 1,200 miles on it. I know this car inside and out and those "marks" are new.

See the little clean areas that seem to be forming? The side of the baffle gets no direct splash, but even with it not being splashed, is R&P cleaning it? If so I can't I can't imagine what it might be doing in areas with high flows, direct splash, and friction.

Weird, eh?

Scott

IMG_9190.jpeg

Last edited:
I could have sworn you made mention somewhere about seeing clean areas forming inside the oil fill area, presumably because of the R&P.

As I mentioned early on this thread I was trying it in our bought new by us, nice weather, exceptionally well maintained, and respectfully driven 255K mile Honda Element (I was going to run three 3K OCIs with filter changes each time).

Anyway, while closing up the garage tonight I thought of this thread. I removed the oil filler cap to find this. For years this metal baffle has looked varnished. These are not funnel marks. This is new since putting in R&P. The oil has 1,200 miles on it. I know this car inside and out and those "marks" are new.

See the little clean areas that seem to be forming? The side of the baffle gets no direct splash, but even with it not being splashed, is R&P cleaning it? If so I can't I can't imagine what it might be doing in areas with high flows, direct splash, and friction.

Weird, eh?

Scott

View attachment 219256
Now now, we know that R&P (and just about every other Valvoline product) is made of corn oil and bleached goose droppings with a splash of HCl added to make it look like it's doing anything.

But here comes Scott......

jk - it is interesting.

Back