New Valvoline Oil

Truckers are also probably the largest demographic for Lucas "Oil Stabilizer" "Bruh, it's got what my diesel craves".
When I walked into the local Fleetpride to grab some Donaldson filters a few months back, the first thing that caught my eye was how much dedicated shelf space that was fully stacked with Lucas Oil products. Stuff probably does sell really well amongst truckers. Kinda scary when you look at the used semi truck market. I see plenty of them broken down causing traffic on my daily commute to work and back makes me think what they're running.

When I walked into the local Fleetpride to grab some Donaldson filters a few months back, the first thing that caught my eye was how much dedicated shelf space that was fully stacked with Lucas Oil products. Stuff probably does sell really well amongst truckers. Kinda scary when you look at the used semi truck market. I see plenty of them broken down causing traffic on my daily commute to work and back makes me think what they're running.
Yup, look at all the work the big engine manufacturers put into approvals and then some Super Trucker is like "this needs to be MUCH thicker, let me dump in this goop the consistency of axle grease with absolutely no approvals to fix it!" 🤪

I'm quite surprised there is no lawsuit or any news picked up on Lucas Oil products killing engines, its incredible they can get away with it for so long. Seems to be keeping truck mechanics and engine repair shops in full swing perpetually.

I'm quite surprised there is no lawsuit or any news picked up on Lucas Oil products killing engines, its incredible they can get away with it for so long. Seems to be keeping truck mechanics and engine repair shops in full swing perpetually.

The engines that Lucas gets dumped into are usually older, higher miles engines. Good luck proving Lucas messed up your engine.

The engines that Lucas gets dumped into are usually older, higher miles engines. Good luck proving Lucas messed up your engine.
Bingo. By the time somebody thinks their oil needs "help", it's typically out of warranty and good luck for Joe Average truck driver trying to sue a company the size of Lucas.

Believe me. If I think something is junk, I will openly say it’s junk. See a thread about Smittys for reference. Or any other number of not so reputable players.

Major brands - meh. I’m fairly brand agnostic.

My thing is, again, don’t fall for marketing. It’s marketing.
Amen.
When it comes to marketing, it's all the best....

If they told the truth, well, it's all about the same. Kinda like fast food, and you can't really build much on "our oil is good enough"

The rotella cult is unbelievable! So many people i know run rotella t4 10w30 in anything older than 2000 cause "its got the zinc they stripped from the oil" most of the truckers i know run rotella and the ones that dont use delo. Every friend of mine with a diesel pickup uses t4 or t6. One even runs t4 instead of bar oil lol. "Good enough for my 6.4 good enough for the oregon bar"
Ok ok I'm part of the rotella cult. My dad has run t6 15w40 in his 2003 Dodge and 2002 Jetta TDI since he bought them. He got the Jetta at 60k miles, and it's almost at 390k miles. Original turbo. Cam and lifters were replaced at 300k because the spring inside 2 of the lifters broke, so they didn't lift that well. The cam was worn slightly but no damage or scoring. The Jetta does have some blow by but it also turns 2700 rpm at 70 mph so I'm not surprised. The dodge has had no oil related failures but it does leak copious amounts from the timing gear housing. He's had the dodge since 200k or so. Both engines are clean inside, no varnish, and they both get oil changed at 7-10k. My dad uses brotella because it's pretty cheap for a synthetic diesel oil and easy to find.

A zealot of yours inferred that you thought Valvoline was junk.
Making up stuff as we go, are we?

1715125872696.jpg

Fixed that for you. And there is no baseless criticism. The internet contains probably a billion people just in the US alone. Out of a population of 333 million. Not all people on the internet are who they claim to be, but if you believe otherwise, I'm really a Prince who needs you to send me $6357 so I can unlock my inheritance from my wicked uncle who holds me prisoner in my own royal castle.
spongebob.gif

My next door neighbor loves Rotella oil. He uses it in everything. In the end it's not my stuff so couldn't care less 🤷

Ok ok I'm part of the rotella cult. My dad has run t6 15w40 in his 2003 Dodge and 2002 Jetta TDI since he bought them. He got the Jetta at 60k miles, and it's almost at 390k miles. Original turbo. Cam and lifters were replaced at 300k because the spring inside 2 of the lifters broke, so they didn't lift that well. The cam was worn slightly but no damage or scoring. The Jetta does have some blow by but it also turns 2700 rpm at 70 mph so I'm not surprised. The dodge has had no oil related failures but it does leak copious amounts from the timing gear housing. He's had the dodge since 200k or so. Both engines are clean inside, no varnish, and they both get oil changed at 7-10k. My dad uses brotella because it's pretty cheap for a synthetic diesel oil and easy to find.

honestly i have never personally experienced anything negative with rotella i just feel theres better out there. In my cummins i run delvac extreme 15w40 but for years ran delo and delvac 1300 super. The only reason i never picked up a rotella jug was way before i knew a thing about oil someone on cumminsforum said that rotella was junk and it just stuck but that being said my brother runs t6 in his 6.7 powerstroke and his 5.9 cummins and its just fine

A bunch here - including myself - jumped on the "pricey" Mobil1 0W20 AP wagon, though many may publicly state Grp III makes a synthetic lubricant - but in secret they long for the days of yore when Maidens rode through the verdant meadows bareback and M1 was majority Grp IV
That was 60-70% PAO - I got 23 jugs for $15/each …

I think it’s a low percentage of a large sump that does nothing one way or another … At least for the truck …

Bingo. By the time somebody thinks their oil needs "help", it's typically out of warranty and good luck for Joe Average truck driver trying to sue a company the size of Lucas.
Gotta have a ton of VM - except for the LV which is low dose …
Lots of what Lucas has on their website reads like this will get you to the shop cheaper than a Jerr-Dan can 😷

Yup, look at all the work the big engine manufacturers put into approvals and then some Super Trucker is like "this needs to be MUCH thicker, let me dump in this goop the consistency of axle grease with absolutely no approvals to fix it!" 🤪
I had a customer who bought a brand new B model Mack truck when he got back from Vietnam in '67. A beautiful Canary yellow in beautiful condition.

He brought it to us every year for an oil change and change the fluid in all the boxes. At the time it had well over a million miles on it and never opened up.

We supplied the oil and filters and he supplied the Lucas. He insisted we put the goop in everything. I thought he was nuts but he swore it's what got him to over a million miles.

I had a customer who bought a brand new B model Mack truck when he got back from Vietnam in '67. A beautiful Canary yellow in beautiful condition.

He brought it to us every year for an oil change and change the fluid in all the boxes. At the time it had well over a million miles on it and never opened up.

We supplied the oil and filters and he supplied the Lucas. He insisted we put the goop in everything. I thought he was nuts but he swore it's what got him to over a million miles.

He didn't get there BECAUSE of Lucas. He got there in spite of it.

Back