*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes from a different oil can take a while to take full effect. The second fill of a new oil is when I expect nearly full transition.

I believe it does take time as JAG said. It's very smooth at high rpm's.

harry, I was using 20wt oils of many different brands. Mostly Amsoil/M1.

Originally Posted By: JAG
Changes from a different oil can take a while to take full effect. The second fill of a new oil is when I expect nearly full transition.

I totally agree JAG. It took closer to 4 changes when I switched to the TSO some years ago. The performance improved incrementally until it reached a plateau, at that point, it was as good as it was going to get. It took longer because I went from a dino oil to the synthetic, a lot of past sins to wash away. The move to the SSO provided quicker results, some felt and others measured. This is a top performing oil that I can easily recommend to anyone.

Originally Posted By: buster
I believe it does take time as JAG said. It's very smooth at high rpm's.

harry, I was using 20wt oils of many different brands. Mostly Amsoil/M1.

I briefly went with M1 5W-30 before the move to Amsoil. I was not happy with the increased engine noise and the fact that it turned black in a very short time. Thinking back, perhaps I didn't give M1 a proper chance. Anyway, that's all academic for me now, as long as Amsoil maintains or improves on it's offerings, I will be there cash in hand.

BTW, have any of you heard of a speed shop called "Murrays"? The two in my area carry Amsoil, except for the SSO sadly, but they will in the future as demand dictates.

They are Shucks around here. I never heard of Murrays till a few years ago, on the net. I just noticed Schucks carries Murray anitifreeze?

So I guess that means Murrays is bigger than Shucks........

Last edited:
Murray's here in South Florida not only stocks Amsoil but it is a wall to wall feast for the eyes! Chrome parts are liberally hung about, even some of the turbo chargers are chrome plated. When I go back to check on the SSO, I will spend a lot more time checking things out. ThirdeYe, Is this the same kind of Murray's you have in MI?

I did an SSO change yesterday. Even with an empty EAO, the oil light went out in less than a second, with very little or no engine noise.

Originally Posted By: harry j
I did an SSO change yesterday. Even with an empty EAO, the oil light went out in less than a second, with very little or no engine noise.

LOL.gif
harry, does SSO cure cancer?

I haven't noticed any differences yet with about 700 miles on the oil. I think it's a tad quieter at upper RPM's but that could simply be because it's a 30wt vs the 20wt oils I have run previously. Once I approach 3k-4k miles, I'll know whether it is helping reduce oil consumption.

Buster , If you install SSO and drop your speed from 80 mph on your commute to 60 mph on your commute, you will get a big mpg increase by running the SSO. Really! try it.

SSO will most likely DECREASE my fuel economy.

harry, lower the ht/hs, the greater the fuel economy.

This is why Mobil 1 0w30 has a 2.99 ht/hs.

SSO will most likely DECREASE my fuel economy.

harry, lower the ht/hs, the greater the fuel economy.

This is why Mobil 1 0w30 has a 2.99 ht/hs.

I may give M1 another try buster.

Originally Posted By: Steve S

LOL.gif
harry, does SSO cure cancer?..................Certain types Buster. Certain types.

Shh, they don't want that to get out.

I was only referring to mpg, not wear or extended drain comparison. SSO would last longer.

I was only referring to mpg, not wear or extended drain comparison. SSO would last longer.
Buster if there was more wear there would be more friction because the oil is what keeps the parts seperated.so? so the mpgs would have to go down. Extended drain is a couple of things which i will save for latter ,

So buster, would I have gotten 48 MPG or more if I had been using M1 0W-30? I am thinking that I should give the M1 another try. Perhaps it has been reformulated since the last time I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back