NEW 3/17/23, Quaker State Ultimate Protection FS w/20k mi or 1 yr guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took 22 posts before someone read the warranty requirements.

And yes, marketing from all companies is for the small minded fools that don't do any research. I too will just change my oil/filter as I have always done, too frequently according to many here, and could care less what is on the box/bottle label for marketing, and is what I have been recommending to all.

There is no truth in hype. There is some truth in data and facts. But, feelings are much better 🤣

Not too many cars sold new now that recommend a 20k mile interval in the USA.

MAINTAINING THE WARRANTY
Change your vehicle’s oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer
Replace the air filter and air cleaner elements, maintain the emission control system, and follow scheduled engine maintenance in accordance with the vehicle’s manufacturer recommendations
Update your oil change records online at least once every twelve (12) months, even if no oil change has taken place, on this website

Remember: Save all service receipts in order to be eligible for reimbursement under this warranty

Fat chance of 20,000 mile intervals but ok
People do it, I highly recommend against extended oil change intervals. It seems to me the people who go these extended intervals are not the ones tearing into these engines.

If I am not mistaken Eric the car guy did a 20k interval of Mobil 1 in a Honda Odyssey.

Why do you believe that?
QS has dropped products for new products even recently, this is the case with the All Mileage oil.

The price difference being so minimal and all indications of this being a superior oil it probably would be in their best interest to drop the regular "Full Synthetic" line for the new Ultimate Protection, it makes no sense to keep both lines of oil going.

I have much more faith in XOM making a 20k mile oil than Shell. Not that Shell can't do it, but Mobil has shown through multiple videos (Engineering Explained being one) of the extensive testing they've done to ensure the product is capable. QS hasn't done anything and Pennzoil owns Jiffy Lube lol.

View attachment 145576
You kind of took the words right out of my mouth on that post. My understanding was that ExxonMobil has some of the cleanest oils around. Not to mention a lot of their oils fit a lot of niche automobiles that a lot of other brands won't even make an oil weight like the 0w30 advanced fuel economy that I use or some of the Mercedes-Benz specific oils.

Had 5qt jugs and single qts in stock today, did pick up a jug of 5w30 for later. IMG_20230319_111129_053~2.jpgIMG_20230319_111203_743_edit_1679245485110.jpg

Aren't VW 504/507 oils 20k miles oils?
They are tested and rated to 650 engine hours. Just multiply your average speed by those 650hrs and get the miles.
Say your average speed is 30m/h, 650*30=19500 miles.
Where average speed takes into consideration not only time you move but also when you idle.

I would love to see the data sheets and compare it between the regular full synthetic. Also hope to see some VOA's of it soon.
If they meet identical certifications, any performance differences will be statistically indistinguishable, especially at 5k intervals. Data sheets don’t tell you how an oil will perform, and neither will a VOA. Sorry 🤷‍♂️

If they meet identical certifications, any performance differences will be statistically indistinguishable, especially at 5k intervals. Data sheets don’t tell you how an oil will perform, and neither will a VOA. Sorry 🤷‍♂️
Nowhere did I suggest it did. It does however show if there is any major differences.

Nowhere did I suggest it did. It does however show if there is any major differences.
And what will “major” differences tell you, when they both meet the same certs? Absolutely nothing, other than if it meets your engine’s requirements that it is suitable for use and will give statically similar performance to another certified oil.

And what will “major” differences tell you, when they both meet the same certs? Absolutely nothing, other than if it meets your engine’s requirements that it is suitable for use and will give statically similar performance to another certified oil.
Does it have a bigger additive pack, does it have more or less magnesium, calcium, zinc, is the viscosity a little higher or a little lower from the start, etc compared to the regular full synthetic. What is so wrong about wanting to know these details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back