castrol edge or new quaker state ultimate protection

IMG_20230210_183804.jpg

This version we get here in my country

Search function for what? My statement is 100% factual - it  was full synthetic
Tell you what, I'd be willing to put up pink slips, that's how sure I am. I'm certain you've looked it up by now but you're probably just too block headed to admit it.

Always been a QSUD guy as I can get it under 20 bucks at Menards with a rebate and I stock it for my kids cars,
the Hyundai and The Kia as Hyundai specs QS oil in the owners manual,, 155 k and rolling on my sons Elantra up in MN ,so both hot like last weekend and a lot of cold and we are getting good labs

i have watched several YouTube videos claiming that castrol was best for the ford ecoboost turbo engines. its time for my oil change and im curious if any of you have any experience with the latest offering from quaker state. im debating between castrol edge or the new 20k mile ultimate protection. is there really any difference in the newer ultimate protection & the regular qsfs? between qsup & castrol edge, which of them in your opinion would be best for the 2.3 ecoboost turbo engine? ill be using 5w30. all opinions, good or bad are welcomed. thanks!
QS 5w40 USUD OR USUP

For your application, you may wish to go with a 5W-30 Euro oil. Their HTHS >= 3.5 and passing of the much more stringent ACEA European tests would make those oils an ideal choice. One example would be Castrol 5W-30 Euro (either ACEA A3/B4 or C3 flavors): 5 quart jug sold at Walmart for about $26. These euro oils are far superior to their US equivalents.

QS is my vote as I run it. Another option and good oil is PP Euro L 5w30. Nothing against Castrol I just haven't used it that much before. Was a Valvoline guy since I was a kid before switching to QS, just price point for the reason

QS is my vote as I run it. Another option and good oil is PP Euro L 5w30. Nothing against Castrol I just haven't used it that much before. Was a Valvoline guy since I was a kid before switching to QS, just price point for the reason
Yes QS is cheaper and there is no real evidence that Castrol is better.

I literally just changed oil in my 99 Civic yesterday with Magnatec which was Full Synthetic and SP which I bought when Walmart was closing it out awhile back... I don't remember exactly but was around $16-$18 jug so not really a steal by any means but was still a good deal. I had used a Boss filter last time so I reused that and will change it next time. Castrol makes good oil, I've used it for a long time years ago and never had any oil issues whatsoever. I have used the Edge with titanium before that came in the gold bottle but wasn't the extended version they have now.

Whatever brand name oil you can find on sale that's the least expensive is generally a pretty safe route to go. That could be Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Valvoline, Quaker State, Castrol Edge...etc.
THIS ^^^

I literally just changed oil in my 99 Civic yesterday with Magnatec which was Full Synthetic and SP which I bought when Walmart was closing it out awhile back... I don't remember exactly but was around $16-$18 jug so not really a steal by any means but was still a good deal. I had used a Boss filter last time so I reused that and will change it next time. Castrol makes good oil, I've used it for a long time years ago and never had any oil issues whatsoever. I have used the Edge with titanium before that came in the gold bottle but wasn't the extended version they have now.
16-18 for 5qts of Castrol Full Synthetic is an amazing deal what do you mean? I cant get any quality full synthetic for under $20 at the Walmart except SuperTech.

i have watched several YouTube videos claiming that castrol was best for the ford ecoboost turbo engines. its time for my oil change and im curious if any of you have any experience with the latest offering from quaker state. im debating between castrol edge or the new 20k mile ultimate protection. is there really any difference in the newer ultimate protection & the regular qsfs? between qsup & castrol edge, which of them in your opinion would be best for the 2.3 ecoboost turbo engine? ill be using 5w30. all opinions, good or bad are welcomed. thanks!
Why are you comparing Quaker State Ultimate Protection 20k oil with Castrol Edge 10k oil?
Shouldn't you be comparing Quaker State Ultimate Protection 20k oil with Castrol Edge EP (gold) 20k oil?

.... or compare Quaker State Full Synthetic 10k oil with Castrol Edge (black) 10k oil.

Triple-se7en makes a real good point,apples vs apples,,both brands are good oils, the Castrol uses Titanium to note as a good anti-wear

Back