castrol edge or new quaker state ultimate protection

i have watched several YouTube videos claiming that castrol was best for the ford ecoboost turbo engines. its time for my oil change and im curious if any of you have any experience with the latest offering from quaker state. im debating between castrol edge or the new 20k mile ultimate protection. is there really any difference in the newer ultimate protection & the regular qsfs? between qsup & castrol edge, which of them in your opinion would be best for the 2.3 ecoboost turbo engine? ill be using 5w30. all opinions, good or bad are welcomed. thanks!

Honestly comparing the VOA's between the QS Full Synthetic and the Ultimate Protection it doesn't seem like the Ultimate Protection is much better, still a good oil though.

What channels claim Castrol is the best for ecoboost engines?

Don't fall for hype. If I'm not mistaken Ford UK has some type of contract/partnership with Castrol so stuff like this gets pushed.

Most here would recommend finding an oil that meets specification and sleep easy at night. I personally run Quaker State Full Synthetic in my 2.3 Ecoboost simply because it was the most cost-effective option for me.

They're both better than required oils. QS is well certified and is cheap because it doesn't have a posh name tax. Get QS euro. It's the best priced highest value option.

I think both are fine solid choices but I’ve always been a Castrol guy since I was in school so I try to go with Castrol when I can. No reason or anything just my preference and they gave us free hats in school lol so I always try to support them when I can. Have used Quaker State with no problem too. You’re not going to go wrong with either one.

i have watched several YouTube videos claiming that castrol was best for the ford ecoboost turbo engines. its time for my oil change and im curious if any of you have any experience with the latest offering from quaker state. im debating between castrol edge or the new 20k mile ultimate protection. is there really any difference in the newer ultimate protection & the regular qsfs? between qsup & castrol edge, which of them in your opinion would be best for the 2.3 ecoboost turbo engine? ill be using 5w30. all opinions, good or bad are welcomed. thanks!

ive seen a few vids that say ford has some kind of partnership with castrol in europe. i seen an oil review that suggested mobil 1 for everything except the ecoboost. for that he recommended castrol edge. claimed the ecoboost turbo needed it. i suppose he seen the team up video too :) fwiw, i just changed the oil in my ranger with the new QSUP 20,000 mile oil. its been a few days but ive had no issues with it. no strange noises at startup or anytime. its quiet as a mouse. you can barely hear it running when its idle. use the new quaker state with confidence.

Quaker has moly, the Castrol does not.
Is moly an important ingredient to the extent that having it makes an oil "better" than one that doesn't use moly? What purpose does moly serve, and what does Castrol use to accomplish that purpose?

I think both are fine solid choices but I’ve always been a Castrol guy since I was in school so I try to go with Castrol when I can. No reason or anything just my preference and they gave us free hats in school lol so I always try to support them when I can. Have used Quaker State with no problem too. You’re not going to go wrong with either one.
How do the QS hats compare to the Castrol hats?

A couple of years ago it was Castrol Magnatec which I think was a blend that received accolades in the Ecoboost engines. That oil is long gone but either of those two you name will suffice, moly or not.

Is moly an important ingredient to the extent that having it makes an oil "better" than one that doesn't use moly? What purpose does moly serve, and what does Castrol use to accomplish that purpose?
I think the use and benefits of moly have been discussed here many times. Not saying the Castrol is not as good, as that is what I was currently using until they quit selling the Castrol LL. I am now moving to the QS. I do believe the Castrol uses a bit more Boron in their formula. So, maybe a trade off. Some just like lots of moly in their oils, hence my post.

Back