NEW 3/17/23, Quaker State Ultimate Protection FS w/20k mi or 1 yr guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just crazy. Years and years ago, SOPUS made Pennzoil Ultra Platinum a 15k mile long-drain oil. Then, they stopped that claim, and went back to manufactures intervals only. They said they believed these were the best, and were just sticking by what was said in the manual for a vehicle OCI.
Now, another SOPUS synthetic other than their top-ranked PUP is making extended-drain claims, when QS has never been a long-drain oil!
….what happened to SOPUS sticking by manufacturers intervals; and if they ARE NOT doing that, why is a ‘second-tier’ oil becoming top of the heap?!?!?

The ( * ) says you have to enroll at:

And the terms of the warranty are to change the oil as recommended by the manufacturer…

IMG_0875.jpeg

This is just crazy. Years and years ago, SOPUS made Pennzoil Ultra Platinum a 15k mile long-drain oil. Then, they stopped that claim, and went back to manufactures intervals only. They said they believed these were the best, and were just sticking by what was said in the manual for a vehicle OCI.
Now, another SOPUS synthetic other than their top-ranked PUP is making extended-drain claims, when QS has never been a long-drain oil!
….what happened to SOPUS sticking by manufacturers intervals; and if they ARE NOT doing that, why is a ‘second-tier’ oil becoming top of the heap?!?!?
I think it’s a bit harder to get there on GTL alone - Sure … guys will jump in with I did this or that … but some of us have seen early testing where GTL PP would oxidize before M1 … and IMO - it takes a great deal of testing to stick your neck out (what some here choose to call marketing garbage like we’d really know that’s all it is) …
Did they get there with base stock or additives? - I‘m sure the detectives here are on it … 🕵️‍♀️

Maybe its just me -- but I never recall PUP rated as a 15K motor oil????

Quaker State Ultra Platinum? So, this is a new line over QSUD? Wonder if there will be a tamper proof seal or something like that? If nothing else if the price between the two are close it might be worth a try. Kids home on Spring Break; yeah sure this might be the oil to try. Grandma in her garage stored car that goes to grocery store, liquor store and church and that's it? Definitely. I would still change it, analysis it,etc until you have a pattern and routine.

Quaker State Ultra Platinum? So, this is a new line over QSUD? Wonder if there will be a tamper proof seal or something like that? If nothing else if the price between the two are close it might be worth a try. Kids home on Spring Break; yeah sure this might be the oil to try. Grandma in her garage stored car that goes to grocery store, liquor store and church and that's it? Definitely. I would still change it, analysis it,etc until you have a pattern and routine.
They had QSFS 0W-20 on clearance for the past couple months. Now that it's gone from the shelves, they replaced it with this. There is no Tamper Proof Seal on the jug bought.

I believe this will be QS standard Synthetic Oil now.

QUAKER STATE ULTIMATE PROTECTION it is. Not “platinum”. Just mentioning what Wemay posted pic of in beginning

I think it’s a bit harder to get there on GTL alone - Sure … guys will jump in with I did this or that … but some of us have seen early testing where GTL PP would oxidize before M1 … and IMO - it takes a great deal of testing to stick your neck out (what some here choose to call marketing garbage like we’d really know that’s all it is) …
Did they get there with base stock or additives? - I‘m sure the detectives here are on it … 🕵️‍♀️
I have much more faith in XOM making a 20k mile oil than Shell. Not that Shell can't do it, but Mobil has shown through multiple videos (Engineering Explained being one) of the extensive testing they've done to ensure the product is capable. QS hasn't done anything and Pennzoil owns Jiffy Lube lol.

1679151879924.png

Last edited:
I have much more faith in XOM making a 20k mile oil than Shell. Not that Shell can't do it, but Mobil has shown through multiple videos (Engineering Explained being one) of the extensive testing they've done to ensure the product is capable. QS hasn't done anything and Pennzoil owns Jiffy Lube lol.

View attachment 145576
Oh but you left out higher price!

They had QSFS 0W-20 on clearance for the past couple months. Now that it's gone from the shelves, they replaced it with this. There is no Tamper Proof Seal on the jug bought.

I believe this will be QS standard Synthetic Oil now.
Why do you believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back