Natural medicine - Child dies of meningitis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Kids die from Vaccinations as well but that is just seems to be fine!

vs. how many are saved?

Everything has an inherent risk. Folks that think vaccinations are dangerous were not alive when kids were in iron lungs from polio, or died from measles.......Or when the occasional adult got mumps, with nasty lasting effects.
It depends if it is your kid that has a problem with vaccination, I had the measels. It was a vacation from school 3rd grade, mumps in the 7th grade. chicken pocks in between. But then I didn't die coming off my motorcycle at 105 mph or spinning out in a semi truck. How do you know how many people are actually saved by vaccinations? I have had people tell me they have the flu shot and never get sick and others tell me they get sick after the flu shot and people never get the flu or the shot. I trust doctors less than politicians.

You honestly and truly believe that vaccination do not save hundreds or thousands for every on that dies. And then add "heard" protection to the mix where many do not die bc many are vaccinated.

Sad that in this day and age of enlightenment some folks can possibly feel this way..actually scary.

BTW 732,000 children have b een saved since 1994 bc of vaccinations .
http://www.livescience.com/45111-national-vaccination-effects.html

How many have been killed by vaccinations?

Last edited:
Hmmm... This is a tangled mess. I've personally dealt with similar issues firsthand. Very hard to navigate to the correct answer due to the complexity of issues involved. This discussion predictably has turned into the proverbial " no fly zone". Will be shut down soon enough.

I do not agree with what the parents did. But there are parts of our country that live in poor areas, very backwood areas that never ever see a doctor and that live on medical care provided by natural means.

The mumps vaccine was formulated in 1948, polio in 1963, and rubella in 1969. The flu shot is re-formulated twice every year because the flu virus evolves very rapidly; the researchers developing it are tasked with preventing strains that don't exist yet. What does the flu shot have to do with anything?

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
The mumps vaccine was formulated in 1948, polio in 1963, and rubella in 1969. The flu shot is re-formulated twice every year because the flu virus evolves very rapidly; the researchers developing it are tasked with preventing strains that don't exist yet. What does the flu shot have to do with anything?

Interesting. How come I never was never given the mumps vaccine?......I was born in 1954. I believe you have that date wrong. Everyone I knew growing up had the mumps.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Kids die from Vaccinations as well but that is just seems to be fine!

vs. how many are saved?

Everything has an inherent risk. Folks that think vaccinations are dangerous were not alive when kids were in iron lungs from polio, or died from measles.......Or when the occasional adult got mumps, with nasty lasting effects.
It depends if it is your kid that has a problem with vaccination, I had the measels. It was a vacation from school 3rd grade, mumps in the 7th grade. chicken pocks in between. But then I didn't die coming off my motorcycle at 105 mph or spinning out in a semi truck. How do you know how many people are actually saved by vaccinations? I have had people tell mt they have the flu shot and never get sick and others tell me they get sick after the flu shot and people never get the flu or the shot. I trust doctors less than politicians.

Polio was a real threat, when I was young. I paid more than one visit to a room full of iron lungs, in my youth.

Your anecdotal experience means nothing to me.

If they have a license with the STATE(marriage license)

Another way to look as the marriage license contract with the State.

The children primarily belong to the State.

The olive root extract was OVER RATED.

Last edited:
Measles is one of the leading causes of death in children. Anti-vaxxers like to repeat the statement that getting sick is some sort of right of passage of youth.

It kills ~115,000 children a year.

Get your children vaccinated.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
If they have a license with the STATE(marriage license)

Another way to look as the marriage license contract with the State.

The children primarily belong to the State.

lolwut?

Your right to believe in magical extracts, placebo/homeopathy, faith healing, or witchdoctors do not trump the child's right to health and life.

They were convicted today, and are free pending sentencing. I hope to see the maximum of five years.

Do doctors face the same scrutiny if a patient dies? Are they jailed if they make a mistake?

I'd hope we treat both doctors and these parents in the same fashion.

If a doctor is wrong and your loved one dies, do they go to jail?
But if the parent is wrong and the child dies, we want to jail the parents?

Something doesn't add up here.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Do doctors face the same scrutiny if a patient dies? Are they jailed if they make a mistake?

I think a Dr. making a mistake is far far different than what these parents did. People including Docs make mistakes. No matter how well you do your job you, me, everyone makes mistakes.

Do as you suggest and see how many docs stay practising medicine and see how much is will cost.

That is just plain silly.

Intentional or negligent is one thing wrong diagnostic or mistake is another. If a doctor is going to serve prison time for mis-diagnostic and patient died then not many will practice medicine.

Originally Posted By: dmdx86
Measles is one of the leading causes of death in children. Anti-vaxxers like to repeat the statement that getting sick is some sort of right of passage of youth.
It kills ~115,000 children a year.
Get your children vaccinated.

YEABUT, before you ask or pay for a child to be given anything by injection, DYOR (Do your own research) and then ask an immunolgy expert who is not in the pay of the vaccine company, or working on a commision basis.

The main danger is that a vaccine given to any person with a damaged (Temporary or permanent) immune system is bad news, as you may fall very ill. So check your child does not have a high temperature, incorrect appearance or says they feel bad, just before the jab.
In most cases where a person being immunised has a bad reaction, it is obvious that they were ill before the jab. Genuine reactions are very, very rare and often not too serious if the person affected gets prompt medical attention.

These parents acted in reckless disregard. That's different than making a mistake.

If a physician treated the same patient with the same nonsense, they would be facing the same scrutiny.

Yes, doctors can be jailed, if they willfully, by action, or inaction, cause death or injury to a patient. That doesn't mean that every time a patient dies, a doctor is liable. Doctors and parents are not held to the same standard, nor should they be, since their responsibilities, education and experience are different - so that part of your argument doesn't wash.

These parents exhibited willful negligence, and it cost their child his life. It should be punishable. It's fine to have certain beliefs, but not when it results in injury, and especially not when the person suffering is a minor in your charge.

An example: It's fine to say that "God will provide" - but it's not fine to withhold food from your children because you expect an all-knowing deity to suddenly show up with a 4-course meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back