Michael Manning, Canadian Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Manning today in Pointe-Claire Village this afternoon, and we discussed his late brother who died of cancer before turning 60.

I was sitting on a donated bench from the Manning family that overlooked the water, and was asked by his female friend if they could join me. I said sure, why not, I'm easy to get along with.

I told him I had lost a brother at the age of 30, and knew it was very hard to deal with the loss of a brother as people in society never really discuss it. So we had a bit of a healing chat.

Boy, I really didn't expect to hear a story like this...

As it turns out, he lost a brother to cancer (a park bench donated in his honor), another brother to a work accident along Lakeshore at the age of 37, and he lost a daughter.

His daughter was murdered while he slept on the couch not 10 feet from her bedroom door. She was raped, strangled, and stabbed 51 times, the blade was twisted in the wounds he later learned. Sheer malice. The hair on my arms raises as I write this.

Well, he is responsible for putting the murderer away for 19 years. The murderer was immigrated at the age of 2 from Haiti, but was actually older. Hatians back then had birth certificates forged as it was a common practice for when people wanted to immigrate into Canada, as before a certain age the Canadian government paid for half of the air fare.

This also allowed the killer, Gregory Bromby, to be tried as a minor, as they only had the fake birth certificate age to go by. He was actually an adult.

The main point of the story is Michael Manning appealed to Alan Rock to have the laws regarding DNA samples to be changed. Back then, the police had to ASK PERMISSION TO TAKE DNA SAMPLES FROM MURDER SUSPECTS! But Manning had to convince the Canadian Public to make the change. Rock said, "Prove Canadians WANT this law". That is a lot of work, and that is what Manning did.

So, they had no other evidence to go by but crime scene sexual residue as Bromby killed his daughter after raping her and not using a condom.

Bromby's murder trial date was coming up, and the laws on the books would allow Bromby to walk a FREE MAN simply by BROMBY denying investigators a sample of his DNA.

Michael Manning went on to later have the laws changed to make it compulsory that someone that is suspected of a capital crime has to submit a DNA sample to the police.

Here is some articles I found that gives more details of the challenges Michael Manning faced, and still faces, to get justice for his murdered 15 year old daughter, Tara Manning.

http://themetropolitain.ca/articles/view/555

http://westislandgazette.com/news/from-t...-denied-parole/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/s...al-hearing.html

http://westislandgazette.com/news/from-t...ller-locked-up/

There are pics of Gregory Bromby in the last CBC article I posted. The reason Bromby got Aboriginal Affairs involved (Bromby, a Hatian) is he became a spiritual follower of our Canadian Aboriginals (Mockery? Farce?) so for some odd reason, the aboriginals chose to host his Parole hearings. Really stupid / odd.

Michael Manning petitioned and went to great lengths to have the laws changed just in time for a DNA sample to be taken from Gregory Bromby, and Bromby is still sitting in jail from Manning's success.

19 years is a long time for a "minor" to be in jail for Murder. People have to accredit Manning for keeping Bromby behind bars for at least 16 of those extra years due to adamant rallying on Manning's part to keep him locked up so he doesn't rape and kill again.

Remember, Bromby could have walked a FREE MAN to kill again, and ended up getting sent to jail for 19 years and counting.

And, there is only one person who is responsible for this justice. Michael Manning.

And now a murderer has to give DNA samples whether he likes to or not.

As a father of a daughter myself, and after this poorly worded article, this was my small attempt to honor, acknowledge, appreciate, respect, and thank a great man, and all the best wishes to him and his family.

May the Mannings enjoy peace and justice, as that is exactly what Michael Manning has done for all Canadians.

Rest in peace, Tara Manning, your father cries for you and truly loves you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Falken
His daughter was murdered while he slept on the couch not 10 feet from her bedroom door. She was raped, strangled, and stabbed 51 times, the blade was twisted in the wounds he later learned. Sheer malice. The hair on my arms raises as I write this.

I don't care how young a person was when he commit this type of crime, that person should be thrown into a lion cage.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I don't care how young a person was when he commit this type of crime, that person should be thrown into a lion cage.

Agreed, too bad a lion would kill him quickly though. I really have to wonder how the dad could not have showed up at the courthouse with a gun and blown the dudes head off. I mean who is going to convict him?

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Agreed, too bad a lion would kill him quickly though. I really have to wonder how the dad could not have showed up at the courthouse with a gun and blown the dudes head off. I mean who is going to convict him?
30 days home confinment on a simple assault conviction just to keep the bleating leftys happy. (until it happens to someone THEY know or have "political sympathy" for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back