Horrible end to a situation in Alberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: R80RS

No, it is the truth and goes to the heart of the matter. Some people are inclined to do evil things. Period. In many cases, as in this case, the reasons why the perp chose to do evil are irrelevant.

The motivating factor for these creatures doing "evil things"
IS relevant.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Like other things that we can't explain, we tend to find a way to explain it, like calling extremely good-natured people saints and extremely bad-natured people evil or demonic. IMO, it's all chemicals, and with so much variability that it is, indeed, impossible to map out every psychological manifestation and predictor.

There are SO many things that mankind does NOT understand, and might not for a very long time.

There is documented evidence that when a person dies they lose a very tiny percentage of body weight a fraction of an ounce, and that DOES not include the human fecal matter, urine, and even human flatulence when they pass. I will try and find the scientific article. So what is that small amount of weight that cannot be quantified to our eyes?

I would say that some things that look human are missing their
scientific "soul". But what are these things even though they APPEAR to look and even act human? Who knows.

I get what you're trying to insinuate, but isn't a soul supposed to be ethereal, weightless?

We state confidently that a gear oil change, motor oil change or tire pressure will have a very minor impact on gas mileage, maybe in the single-digits for percentage.

You're talking about 1/10,000# or 1/100,000# change in weight after death? The body can undergo many chemical changes in death that will eventually explain the change, if it isn't already able to be explained. Kind of seems like a prime example of "proof" being propagated based on inexact or incomplete data. An argument can not be based on NOT being able to explain something, IMO.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You can damage the tree branch and waste the rope.

^^Now THAT is AWESOME!! Best post on this thread HTSS_TR!!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: R80RS

No, it is the truth and goes to the heart of the matter. Some people are inclined to do evil things. Period. In many cases, as in this case, the reasons why the perp chose to do evil are irrelevant.

Make sure you let all of those homicide investigators and prosecutors know that they no longer need to know what motivates a murderer. They can just locate the perp using tea leaves and monkey bones, and then prosecute them using empty accusations.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Like other things that we can't explain, we tend to find a way to explain it, like calling extremely good-natured people saints and extremely bad-natured people evil or demonic. IMO, it's all chemicals, and with so much variability that it is, indeed, impossible to map out every psychological manifestation and predictor.

There are SO many things that mankind does NOT understand, and might not for a very long time.

There is documented evidence that when a person dies they lose a very tiny percentage of body weight a fraction of an ounce, and that DOES not include the human fecal matter, urine, and even human flatulence when they pass. I will try and find the scientific article. So what is that small amount of weight that cannot be quantified to our eyes?

scientific "soul". But what are these things even though they APPEAR to look and even act human? Who knows.

I think you're thinking of the "experiment" run in The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

I agree with you Vowel 200%. There are things in the majesty of the universe and life that mankind will never be able to behold and understand. I don't think we're supposed to understand it. Taking one look at what little we know about the universe and anyone can see that. I was thinking about the perfect balance of our own planet Earth the other day,how everything is in perfect synchronicity. It's beyond awe inspiring to me.

You mentioned the article about the weight of our soul. Recently in a thread here I was talking about an old documentary (late 60s-early 70s) when they measured a person's weight at the time of passing,and they always lost a tiny bit of weight,saying that's the time the soul left the body. I wish I could remember the name of it and find it.

The motivating factor for these creatures doing "evil things" IS relevant.

I have to agree with that. It's one thing to state that someone deserves execution for this or life in prison or whatever one wants to prescribe. But, it's pretty darned clear than punishment all on its own has limited success.

It's already been pointed out that motivation and so forth can be important in solving a crime. You're also not going to have much luck in preventing crime without understanding motivation.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I agree with you Vowel 200%. There are things in the majesty of the universe and life that mankind will never be able to behold and understand. I don't think we're supposed to understand it. Taking one look at what little we know about the universe and anyone can see that. I was thinking about the perfect balance of our own planet Earth the other day,how everything is in perfect synchronicity. It's beyond awe inspiring to me.

You mentioned the article about the weight of our soul. Recently in a thread here I was talking about an old documentary (late 60s-early 70s) when they measured a person's weight at the time of passing,and they always lost a tiny bit of weight,saying that's the time the soul left the body. I wish I could remember the name of it and find it.

I'd argue that the Earth is in a constant state of chaos, change, entropy, not synchronous; more in the process of reaching equilibrium than balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back