Mass homicide plot in Halifax foiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Nothing to see here, no terrorism with these perps.

Actually, it is interesting how the media is handling this. They were members of a Neo-Nazi organization so in fact I would certainly categorize them as some form of domestic terrorism, as would others. I'm rather intrigued at the police not doing so though.....
21.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Nothing to see here, no terrorism with these perps.

Actually, it is interesting how the media is handling this. They were members of a Neo-Nazi organization so in fact I would certainly categorize them as some form of domestic terrorism, as would others. I'm rather intrigued at the police not doing so though.....
21.gif

Neo-Nazis are a hate group, targeting specific groups of people. They are a bit more selective than terrorists, who generally attack any civilians to spread fear and to advance a political and or religious agenda. I suppose one could frequently charge a terrorist also with a hate crime., if they choose a specific group as their victims.

Interestingly enough, while we wage war on terrorism, we do not wage war on those organisations whose members frequently commit hate crimes.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
The key here is to remember that Muslims, and only Muslims, engage in terrorism.
wink.gif

Thats right. In the name of religion anyway. If a group of catholic nuns goes rogue and decides to start beheading people i have no problem calling them radicals Catholic terrorist.

Apply that same sentiment to any group, senior citizens, protestants, whatever.

Does it have to be beheading? Shooting in the head won't do for you?

For all the folks talking about a impending holy war check out this lonewolf,
domestic terrorist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconsin_Sikh_temple_shooting

But to some will deny this being an act of terrorism or even a hate crime, as we are missing the key test: "beheading" and no ISIS flag bandana on his forehead or mention of jihad in his whitepower rap songs.

Does it have to be beheading? Shooting in the head won't do for you?

I didn't see any videos of them shooting people in the head have you?

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

Neo-Nazis are a hate group, targeting specific groups of people. They are a bit more selective than terrorists, who generally attack any civilians to spread fear and to advance a political and or religious agenda.

Not in this instance though. They were apparently just going to head to the mall and start mowing people down
21.gif

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

Neo-Nazis are a hate group, targeting specific groups of people. They are a bit more selective than terrorists, who generally attack any civilians to spread fear and to advance a political and or religious agenda.

Not in this instance though. They were apparently just going to head to the mall and start mowing people down
21.gif

Maybe they hate mallrats*? Or they tried shooting everyone who was wearing red. You never know with nutters.

hotwheels

* Not meant in a derogatory sense, just using the popular term for people who spend much time at the mall.

Very true. You never do know with nutters.

They may pursue their own agenda rather than the one of the group they have joined. For example, there are plenty serial killer who joined in the US armed forces. I'm pretty sure they weren't in it for being patriotic or for liking the cameraderie, but probably they were in it for the useful training and the crazy hope to get a chance to live out their sick desires. Sometimes we read about some nut who was actually thrown out by a radical organization, because even they wouldn't want anything to do with him. By the same token, maybe sometimes such a person will be deliberately used by an organisation: "Let Bugnuts Hank drive the fertilizer truck in the crowded marketplace and set it off."

Below are just convenient examples of serial killers joining an organisation. I am not picking out the US armed forces as a breeding ground for serial killers! We all have heard of people joining radical organisations even overseas. I wonder if many of those people are actually mentally ill or just evil (Isn't being evil also mental illness?) and are actually serial killers or wannabes.

I can't post a link to my source because of the profanity contained therein. Some goody two-shoes would fink on me.

The mall shooters look like wannabe serial killers to me, no matter what organization they had joined.

hotwheels

Charles Whitman - former Marine sniper who killed his wife, mother, and then proceeded to the University of Texas Tower and picked off sixteen people using his sniping skills.

Dean Corll - former Army man and serial killer known as the "Candy Man" who killed at least 27 young boys and buried them in a storage facility in Houston, Texas.

David Berkowitz AKA "The Son of Sam" - New York serial killer and former Army vet who shot and killed at least six people during the 1970s.

Jeffrey Dahmer - former Army vet and Milwaukee cannibal who murdered at least sixteen young boys and men. He performed experiments on some of the victims and ate others.

Timothy McVeigh (pictured above) - Former Gulf War Army vet responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing.

Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
conspiracy ideas immediately pop into mind after reading that link... of an "alleged" plan.
Was Brian Williams there to help catch them?
First, I thought gun laws prevented things like this from even getting started up in your neck of the woods?
How did they manage to get a weapons cache?
Does it make you wonder if this is an isolated incident... pat on the back everyone job well done for stopping this we need a budget increase more police more government... just enough info in the article to make for a nice happy ending feel good story.
35.gif

1lg073chef.gif

Propaganda to ease the little peoples minds

Talking about "nutter", has anybody found a nutter who belongs to "that" religion? No, he just can't be a nutter; he has to be a terrorist, right??

Talking about "nutter", has anybody found a nutter who belongs to "that" religion? No, he just can't be a nutter; he has to be a terrorist, right??

What are you trying to say. Everybody does it so we are really just one big happy world?

Originally Posted By: 1 FMF
First, I thought gun laws prevented things like this from even getting started up in your neck of the woods?

From http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-gun-homicides-the-gap-between-perception-and-reality-1.1858107; emphasis mine:

Quote:
According to 2009 data collected by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the U.S. sees 3.3 homicides by firearm for every 100,000 citizens. By comparison, Canada's rate is 0.5 homicides and the U.K. is 0.1. Most European countries sit somewhere in the same range.

I am also pretty sure this that this particular "thing like this" WAS stopped before it happened; else we'd be reading about it happening rather than it not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back