Horrible end to a situation in Alberta

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
A number of days ago an amber alert was issued for a missing two year old girl in Alberta. The first sign that things were probably not going to end well was that her father was found murdered in his home. She was abducted.

An acquaintance of the girl's mother has been arrested and charged with two counts of first degree murder and one count of doing an indignity to a human body.

Both victims were stabbed to death
frown.gif

The town is absolutely devastated.

Article here:
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/15/hai...rt-still-active

Quote:
RCMP have laid murder charges against the Blairmore man accused of killing little Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and her father, Terry Blanchette.

Derek Saretzky , a Crowsnest Pass resident employed at a family owned dry cleaning business, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder. He is also charged with one count of committing an indignity to a human body in relation to Hailey's death.

He will appear in a Lethbridge courtroom on Sept. 23 at 9:30 a.m.

Missing since Monday and the subject of a frantic, western-Canada-wide search, Hailey's death was confirmed by RCMP Tuesday evening.

“It is my very sad duty tonight to inform you we have found the body of two-year-old Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette in a rural location near Blairmore,” RCMP Superintendent Tony Hamori said at a press conference.

The body was found during a police search Tuesday afternoon.

RCMP earlier confirmed a man was arrested Tuesday in connection with the case.

Cheyenne Dunbar, Hailey’s mother, knows the suspect. She told media Wednesday they had been friends "years ago," but denied ever having been involved with him beyond friendship.

Mounties earlier said they located a white van they believe left the scene of the crime where they found Hailey’s 27-year-old father dead early Monday while arresting the suspect.

Hamori wouldn’t say what led to the arrest, but added police were canvassing neighbourhoods and following up tips.

Family members say Blanchette had split from Dunbar, and had shared custody of the girl, who was to have been returned to her mom on Sunday after spending time with her dad.

When asked if police are looking into any possible links to Dunbar, Hamori said everything is under investigation.

On Monday, her father, Kevin Dunbar, dismissed that possibility as ridiculous.

“She was in Edmonton when all of this happened,” he said.

Mounties wouldn’t say if they believed the slain Terry Blanchette knew the suspect, whose name wasn’t given Tuesday to protect the investigation, they said.

At the Pure Country Grill and Pub in the Crowsnest Pass, Terry Blanchette’s co-workers were greeting the arrest and Hailey’s continued absence with a sense of foreboding.

“I think it’s wonderful they made an arrest but none of us are doing very good,” said a woman staffer, who wouldn’t give her name.

The woman, who said she knew both Terry and Hailey, added “nobody has any clue whatsoever why this would happen...Terry’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.”

Worth mentioning is that the (deceased) father had a record of past run ins with the police (for petty, minor things) but nothing in the last few years since he had his daughter.

Originally Posted By: CT8
As in the days of Noah.

Quite so.

I know God tells us not to fear but honestly I believe that some of these things that appear to be human beings are inhabited by
evil entities or legion. Seriously, I see many around me that appear to have a lack of soul. I'm not the nicest guy, but the thought of doing such things to another human being is nothing less than horrifying.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
As in the days of Noah.

Quite so.

I know God tells us not to fear but honestly I believe that some of these things that appear to be human beings are inhabited by
evil entities or legion. Seriously, I see many around me that appear to have a lack of soul. I'm not the nicest guy, but the thought of doing such things to another human being is nothing less than horrifying.

...or, because mental illness. Very sad an inexcusable, none the less

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
As in the days of Noah.

Quite so.

...or, because mental illness.

No. Because some people are evil.

...or, because mental illness. Very sad an inexcusable, none the less

I would have agreed with that thought 20 years ago when I was in my 30s, but today in my 50s I don't. I have seen a lot over the years and I honestly can't see some of these actions simply being the result of mental illness, but something more sinister and disturbing. I look at psychology as no more accurate than an art and hardly a science, ever leading shrinks agree with me today.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: R80RS

I used to doubt that diabolical satanic evil existed, but now I do believe that just such a thing exists in our reality.

There have been monsters for ages uncountable, but in name only, of course. With so many people in the world and throughout the ages, there are bound to be extremely good-natured people, as there will also be extremely bad-natured people. Every so often, extreme examples of each manifests itself in some poor soul.

Like other things that we can't explain, we tend to find a way to explain it, like calling extremely good-natured people saints and extremely bad-natured people evil or demonic. IMO, it's all chemicals, and with so much variability that it is, indeed, impossible to map out every psychological manifestation and predictor.

Like other things that we can't explain, we tend to find a way to explain it, like calling extremely good-natured people saints and extremely bad-natured people evil or demonic. IMO, it's all chemicals, and with so much variability that it is, indeed, impossible to map out every psychological manifestation and predictor.

There are SO many things that mankind does NOT understand, and might not for a very long time.

There is documented evidence that when a person dies they lose a very tiny percentage of body weight a fraction of an ounce, and that DOES not include the human fecal matter, urine, and even human flatulence when they pass. I will try and find the scientific article. So what is that small amount of weight that cannot be quantified to our eyes?

I would say that some things that look human are missing their
scientific "soul". But what are these things even though they APPEAR to look and even act human? Who knows.

gathermewool said:
There is documented evidence that when a person dies they lose a very tiny percentage of body weight a fraction of an ounce, and that DOES not include the human fecal matter, urine, and even human flatulence when they pass. I will try and find the scientific article. So what is that small amount of weight that cannot be quantified to our eyes?

As far as I know, there was a French Dr around 1900 that did some experiments like puting terminal patients on a scale that would record any weight fluctuations at the time of death.
But his findings were later refuted.

There are people in this world, a lot of them, that can 'turn off' any empathy for other people. Some people appear to be born that way, Psychopaths, others become conditioned to act without feeling.

What this guy is, I have no idea.

There is documented evidence that when a person dies they lose a very tiny percentage of body weight a fraction of an ounce, and that DOES not include the human fecal matter, urine, and even human flatulence when they pass.

No, there isn't. That's been debunked a long time ago. It has never been repeated by anyone in over 100 years.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Once again.....20'tree...10'rope. I have no sympathy for those who do these horrible things.

^^This

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: R80RS
]

That is an oversimplification.

No, it is the truth and goes to the heart of the matter. Some people are inclined to do evil things. Period. In many cases, as in this case, the reasons why the perp chose to do evil are irrelevant.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Once again.....20'tree...10'rope. I have no sympathy for those who do these horrible things.

^^This

You can damage the tree branch and waste the rope. Just dump into the ocean to feed the fish.

PS I take it back. Sentencing him to life staying with Justim Bieber, no possible to go anywhere without Bieber around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back