My parents Hyundai was stolen last night

The car can be replaced. But I can see how your dad could be upset about his golf clubs and bag.

Are you going to check local pawn shops, and look for online ads, to see if the crooks try to sell them?

Did you read the first sentence in my post?

I don’t know what upgrade Hyundai/Kia did to these cars, it didn’t work. I guess they can wait until the class action lawsuit and receive their $33.31 claim.
Alot of local police departments here are giving away steering wheel Clubs free of charge. That's probably the best deterent since it is visible and adds time for the theft and punks likely will pass on it.

and hopefully their insurance does make it right...
some are starting to refuse to cover Hyundai and Kia models because of this issue.

Sorry to hear this happened to your parents, that really sucks. The golf bag is just salt in the wound.
While the low price of Kias and Hyundais is attractive, I just don't think they are worth the bother. I will never own one as long as I can afford a used Toyota.

While the low price of Kias and Hyundais is attractive
No, they're not cheap, at all. If you sit and drive in one of these, you'll be disappointed by the Fisher Price grade plastics and the smell of Hyundai's past ghosts of cheap interiors.

1682367648959.jpg

Yeah everything is more expensive now, especially cars. But I did not say Kias and Hyundais are cheap. I said they have a low price, which is relative to the prices of other comparable vehicles in the same class. Buying a house for $100k sure is not cheap but it is a low price. Maybe semantics?

The Sonata is my Dad’s car, my Mom drives a 2011 Chevy Cruze. The last time she brought it in to the dealer because the check engine light was on. They said it needed a new turbo and other stuff. I know the 1.4T has issues with the turbo, coolant lines, PVC system. They don’t want to put any money into the Cruze at its age. I told them to just drive it local until it dies. That was almost two years ago. It still hasn’t left them stranded. They used the Sonata for out of town trips. My Mom test drove cars last year and she liked the Hyundai Venue the best out of the cars in her budget.

Need to get Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube to look into this as well.
I was at Kohl's yesterday looking at some pants and noticed that there was a security cable threaded between the pants and the hangers making it impossible to remove the hangers/pants from the rack. I pinched the hanger to unlock the pants and took them to the fitting room try on. I felt like LPL. LOL

Attachments

• pants on hanger.jpg
    pants on hanger.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22
Maybe it's time to bring back "The Club" for some of these vehicles. But then the thief could use a battery powered saws-all.
I hear spraying the club with freeze spray and whacking it with a hammer shatters it. But then again, it's all a matter of low hanging fruit. Thieves can steal anything given enough time and ingenuity. You just need to make it harder for them to steal your stuff than the guy next door.

I used to live in Fairfield, CT - a very wealthy town directly adjacent to Bridgeport, CT - a very poor city. Twice per year, the Fairfield Police would have a campaign begging the good citizens of Fairfield to please lock their car doors and stop leaving their keys and mission-critical work laptop in their unlocked Porsche in their driveway. In spite of this begging, every year, lots of cars and expensive items were stolen from unlocked cars +/- keys being left in the car.

Any chance they simply left the keys in the car unlocked?

Years ago I had a car stolen. I left the keys in it. Learned my lesson. No insurance. Got it back with a blown engine :(
According to the police, people would just walk into the neighborhood and lift all handles of all the car doors as they walked down the street until they found one unlocked. It was that easy and it happened time after time...

Back