My parents Hyundai was stolen last night

My parents 2015 Sonata with key ignition was stolen from their driveway last night. There wasn’t any broken glass on the ground when they went out there. My parents are in their late 70’s and I feel so bad for them. They had the so called Hyundai security update a month ago on the car, put those warning decals on every window, like that worked. My Dad is more upset his golf bag was in the trunk and will probably never see his clubs again. This car only had 43,000 miles on it.

Nobody today will steal a car equipped with this low tech anti-theft device.

stick.jpg

courtesy ultimo

They are stealing Kias with basic hand tools because they have no immobilizer. Not exactly Mr. Robot at work.
Unless they are carrying a can of canned air with them, the medieval anti-theft deterrents still work.

See this video:

The hyundai sonata may have been carjacked, but "The Club" steering wheel lock limited steering ability for the carjacker, doing what is advertised.

My parents 2015 Sonata with key ignition was stolen from their driveway last night. There wasn’t any broken glass on the ground when they went out there. My parents are in their late 70’s and I feel so bad for them. They had the so called Hyundai security update a month ago on the car, put those warning decals on every window, like that worked. My Dad is more upset his golf bag was in the trunk and will probably never see his clubs again. This car only had 43,000 miles on it.

That sucks. Did their's have the keyless push-button start system? My wife has the same car (2.0t limited) but it stays inside of the garage at night.

That sucks. Did their's have the keyless push-button start system? My wife has the same car (2.0t limited) but it stays inside of the garage at night.
Did you read the first sentence in my post?

I don’t know what upgrade Hyundai/Kia did to these cars, it didn’t work. I guess they can wait until the class action lawsuit and receive their $33.31 claim.

Back