My new 2018 Mazda6 Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..... ended up trading my 2015 Malibu for a CPO Mazda6 Touring with 2700 miles. Was a previous loaner car for the dealership. So i got B2B for 4 yrs and 48k and 7yr 100k powertrain warranty along with gap and extended warranty on it. Got the internet price of just over 24K for the car. Car has like every safety feature and a moon roof standard, the Malibu was a LT with no options.

20190423_203810.jpg

20190425_124517.jpg

20190424_183905.jpg

20190424_183902.jpg

20190424_182851.jpg

20190424_182839.jpg

Mazda are the diamond in the rough - as reliable as a Toyota or Honda but way more engaging to drive. I still don't understand why they have never caught on.

The current 6 and the outgoing 3 are two of the best looking cars on the road today IMO.

Originally Posted by pezzy669
Mazda are the diamond in the rough - as reliable as a Toyota or Honda but way more engaging to drive. I still don't understand why they have never caught on.

The current 6 and the outgoing 3 are two of the best looking cars on the road today IMO.

I agree they're great looking cars but not as reliable as Toyota or Honda.

I suspect most want a smoother ride. People don't charge clover-leafs at 1.5-2x the advisory speed, so such a car is wasted on them, or they find the ride to be "too harsh."

Most want a Camry or Buick or similar. Marshmallow suspensions in the mall crawler is the big seller today.

Originally Posted by Starman2112

I agree they're great looking cars but not as reliable as Toyota or Honda.

Hmm, I think Honda has really slipped recently. Toyota has had their issues of late as well.

We have Toyota, Nissan and Mazda in our household and all of them are reliable.

Heck, even the 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis is reliable, FWIW.

I'd be in the market for something exactly like that if they still sold them with manual transmissions. The last with manuals were '87s I believe.

Our local dealer apparently never brought in Mazda 6s with manual transmissions, so of course they never sold any. You could special order one of course, but most people don't do that. And if the dealers sell hardly any of them, any sensible manufacturer would stop making them.

Sharp car good luck with it! Mazda's are the best driving FWD cars out there these days, and are just about as reliable as lower end Toyota and Honda offerings so long as you do not neglect the oil and fluid changes.

This is my 10th year in a row of driving Mazdas. I've covered right at 200k of driving and have had one warranty repair and one out warranty repair. $400 worth of repairs out of my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back