My Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers. Extremely sad to hear
frown.gif

My mom was 79 when she passed. It was a few years of struggle before then. She stopped producing enough blood. Then had a stroke. Leukemia finally was too much for her. I remember when hospice called. I knew it was time....

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I understand making the hard decisions. Take care.

My MIL is in the final stage 4 of multiple brain tumors. Tough on the wife.

I cared for my Mom for years after Dad passed in '99. She had advanced emphysema and was tethered to an oxygen bottle for 6 years. When she died she weighed 76 lbs.

God brought me through it all.

My Mom passed away on July 3rd 2011 at the age of 97. The day before she died I was at the Hospice where she was lying in the bed and I bent over her and whispered in her ear 'do you love me mom'? Ever so slightly she shook her head yes! That little 'conversation' my mom and I had on the eve of her death has helped sustain me during my grief since she died. Even no response from her would have been OK as I knew I had attempted to let her know what she meant to me. My condolences and prayers are with you and your family. Go talk to your Mom.

Last edited:
Amazing how life can suddenly change in an instant due to a freak accident, stroke, sudden death, etc. Your whole world gets turned upside down and you become disoriented and confused. As if time realy, really slows down for you and those involved. The event alters your entire outlook. These are very trying times for you and your family.

I don't want to end with 'best wishes' or 'good luck' as it seems entirely inappropriate. However, I do understand the ordeal as I personally witnessed losing my own father to a series of strokes that incapacitated him and eventually led to his death soon after my 18th birthday.

I understand.....

Cherish the memories. I grew up as an orphan and had no idea what a family was until I got married and had a child of my own. My wife is that mother with a child and now grandchildren and she is the center of our lives. I feel for your struggle. When that time comes, celebrate her life and share the moments that keep her alive in your memories. Smile at the though of being a part of her life and make her proud that you are the child of her dreams.

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. My grandpa passed away when I was fairly young after having two strokes. The first left him paralyzed and unable to speak, but still mostly conscious and aware of his surroundings (sort of like ALS, I assume). He lived like this for quite a while. The second one put him in a vegetative state and was on life support for a while before having to ultimately make a final decision. Best wishes to you and your family in this tough time.

Originally Posted By: dervdave
Bless all mothers

Amen, for all the selfless things they do for us. Bless them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back