Need Prayers for Mom

Wishing the best for your mother and you. My mother had similar dementia symptoms with UTI and when taking quinolone antibiotics. Hopefully this is transient.

This thread helped me/my mom, my faMily today.
Thank you.

Dementia is obviously still a problem, but the soul depleting hysterical delirium, has been abated by telling the ER admissions desk i/we suspect a UTI and getting her seen quicker than otherwise, and having that suspicion confirmed.

They called the urinary tract infection, severe.

Intravenous antibiotics attenuated the delirium, and we had a good sit down family dinner, and hope 'normal' As bad as that is, can soon, resume.

She was unable to relate her symptoms, and tried to hide them.
No fever.

'Mom, is everything ok down, there?'
Got a tear, and head shake.

I Would not have known to ask, if i had not read this thread.

Thanks bitog, and bitogers.

This thread helped me/my mom, my faMily today.
Thank you.

Dementia is obviously still a problem, but the soul depleting hysterical delirium, has been abated by telling the ER admissions desk i/we suspect a UTI and getting her seen quicker than otherwise, and having that suspicion confirmed.

They called the urinary tract infection, severe.

Intravenous antibiotics attenuated the delirium, and we had a good sit down family dinner, and hope 'normal' As bad as that is, can soon, resume.

She was unable to relate her symptoms, and tried to hide them.
No fever.

'Mom, is everything ok down, there?'
Got a tear, and head shake.

I Would not have known to ask, if i had not read this thread.

Thanks bitog, and bitogers.

That's good you were able to get it taken care of. A lot of times it isn't diagnosed until they end up with sepsis.

We go through this with my father. He doesn't pass urine through the normal means and has to use a belly port. As we're finding out now, that is REALLY prone to UTIs. Unfortunately when he had a major stroke last year, the hospital just said "He's old and confused" and kept sending him home.

As he ages and as his Alzheimer's dementia gets worse, so do the UTIs he gets. He gets confused, aggressive. At least now my mother knows that he won't get treatment if she calls the ambulance. They'll bring him to the hospital and tell her he's just old and confused. She calls the doctor and the doctor will give the order right to the ER, he'll get admitted and then immediately receive intravenous antibiotics.

There's always hospital delirium for a day or two but thankfully, he's been bouncing back.

Back